on 13 November 2013
Whatever you do, do not purchase this as part of a present - it is a nightmare.

Bought this along with a Kindle as a present for a 70th birthday. Received an email a few days later stating 'you should, by now, have received your policy'. I hadn't. I called up. I was told it would be resent. Received another email saying 'you should, by now, have received your policy.' I still hadn't. I called again. They apologised and said there'd been an error and the policy would be sent after the Kindle was despatched. It wasn't (despite another, identical email). I called again. I was told it would be resent. Guess what? Email but no policy. I called again. The call took over half an hour. The upshot is that the policy cannot be sent until the Kindle is registered. The policy is in my name. The Kindle will be registered in someone else's name as it is a present. At this point it can be transferred, but only if the Kindle owner and policy holder call together. This is somewhat problematic as we live 250 miles apart. Suggested solution was that we call during the birthday meal when the present will be handed over. Unsurprisingly, this won't be convenient and doesn't seem at all appropriate. As yet unresolved, despite the fact that I paid for the policy a month ago and the 3 years is ticking down. Meanwhile I keep being sent automated emails confirming that I should, by now, have received my policy.

This company is an arm of Amazon. I have previously bought Kindles as a present twice. Both times I also purchased Square Trade warranties. All worked well but Square Trade seem to have been ousted in favour of these in-house jokers. This whole process has been amateur in the extreme. Immensely frustrating. Be warned.
11 Comment| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 February 2014
Paying close to 1/3 of the price for only three years of protection is not the best deal. Plus they never replace it with a new one rather with someone else's kindle that was faulty and they repaired.
on 1 January 2014
These sort of policies are never a good idea as the cost is a too high percentage of the cost of the article purchased. Unless you are a very unlucky person just be "self-insured", or consider incorporating gadgets like the Kindle in to your house contents insurance.
22 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 May 2014
I decided to get this to go with a Kindle I had bought for gift. The information was available to download in 24 hours and the full paper protection plan arrived just as stated.
on 7 February 2014
The actual length of the warranty is only 2 years as I have a 1 year warranty on the kindle. I hope never to have to use it but, having had to replace a previous kindle under extended warranty, I know how useful it can be.
on 12 December 2013
this cover seems good value for the money as I dto not want to be looking for a repairer if my kindle breaks down
on 15 June 2014
I am buying this as I had a problem with my kindle touch and it was replaced in days, with I might add a new one so can vouch for service of the protection plan, Found customer service very helpful and no quibble over being replaced. In my opinion well worth the price.
on 13 July 2014
Very happy with the protection plan on the Kindle Paperwhite - great to have the backup should anything happen. Had protection plan on previous Kindle and was happy with that also. Good value giving peace of mind. Would recommend.
VINE VOICEon 9 January 2014
Having previously had 2 screens cracked, I decided to take out insurance on my son's new Paper White. This was the only scheme offered by Amazon so the choice wasn't great but the price & coverage seemed OK.

As always with Amazon, buying the policy was very straight forward and the whole deal completed via e-mail.

There was a short delay in getting the policy from the supplier but a single e-mail from me was responded to on the same day.

The policy details arrived later that same day - good service.

The terms & conditions are well set out and easy to read. One thing to note is you aren't covered if you loose your Kindle - only if its stolen.

Worth the money, I'd say.
on 13 August 2014
this plan is a good way of protecting my kindle. I am always wary regarding things going wrong with these new gadgets. hopefully this will put my mind at rest. For three years protection it is not a huge amount of money.