Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 September 2013
When I first listened to this album, I fell in love with it instantly. Ariana's voice is so beautiful and definitely one of the best voices we have in the music industry today. The album's opening track, Honeymoon Avenue, is a dreamy and wonderful ballad. You get to really hear her amazing vocals in this one. The ending track, Better Left Unsaid, is the opposite of Honeymoon Avenue. It is more of a dance track and her vocals really shine in this one. Other songs like Baby I and Daydreamin' are good examples on why she got signed to her record label in the first place. The songs I have on repeat are Piano and Baby I. I definitely recommend this album if you want to hear some quality music and not some songs that are completely auto-tuned.
on 30 November 2014
Having purchased Ariana's second album `My Everything' this summer, I bought this afterwards because I just had to hear more of her voice, such was her impact on me. What does this album provide? Well, essentially it's a medley of modern and retro, R&B, soul & pop or in Ms Grande's own words "R&B happy music". On first listening, there were a couple of tracks that I had heard previously without realizing they were sung by her, namely, the soft rap based hit `The Way' featuring Mac Miller (the background high notes are astounding) and the catchy `Popular Music'. After a few plays, I'm at a loss to say which track is my favourite for at every listen I seem to identify a new favourite. 'Piano' is just superb, I love the different little inflections she gives the chorus as the song progresses, and I have a real soft spot for 'Daydreamin'. This again perfectly illustrates Ariana's manifest singing abilities - the melodies and way she captures and holds every note pitch perfect - it's a master class in singing, a joy to listen to and so refreshing and relaxing. But then I could could say much the same for 'Tattooed Heart' with its similar retro feel and vocal range. The last track on this album, `Better Left Unsaid', is a pointer to her subsequent album. It starts off as a conventional ballad then weaves in electro-party elements. The wide mix of styles may be a turn off for some but it does provide a platform for her to display her magnificent vocal power and range. The production values are excellent. In summary, this is beautifully crafted music if perhaps a little safe, but the quality shines through and through. If I was in awe of Ms Grande before, I'm even more so now. She knows what she is about and delivers the goods in style. An incredibly assured first album.
on 12 October 2013
Very easy to listen to, no swearing or 'bad' lyrics, can play with kids in the car without fear of them learning wrong words!!
Catchy tunes.
on 12 September 2013
I'd watched Victorious on Nickelodeon for a while and always enjoyed Ariana but she was never a main singer on the show. However I gave this album a chance, and I was NOT disappointed. In fact I was highly impressed. The girl has a fantastic voice and the songs are a nice mix of meaningful and catchy. It's a great pop album and one I'd definitely recommend. She will hopefully be very big
on 6 October 2013
Love this album... A beautiful album with an amazing singer! Love the whole album & the strings in it is so beautiful!! Buy it!!
on 9 December 2013
Not my cup of tea but my daughter who is a huge fan absolutely loves this CD and actually it's not so bad on the ears if you have to be on the receiving end. It has an R & B feel rather that pop, although the song Popular , (which drives me made) is my little ones favourite and you too will find yourself humming it
on 13 October 2014
This is an R n B diva, if your children have seen Ariana in Victorious or Sam and Cat and you're expecting a pop album then think again, this has been produced by Babyface and is a serious R and B Album with a couple of tracks having rifts that remind you of a couple of songs from the 90's. Ariana reminds me more of a young Mariah Carey and the album has a feel of the R n B greats like R Kelly, Mary J Blige all topped off with a new twist and take to make it more contemporary. It's been quite a few years since I have liked a specific artist, just liking tracks and then being disappointed with the Album, this is not one of those. There are some Ballads and some faster tracks that make you want to dance, no matter how much your children tell you not to!!
on 14 November 2013
I bought this for my girls but I have to say I love it too. She has an amazing voice and there are some really good songs on here, one is a duet with Nathan from The Wanted who too, rather surprisingly, has a really good voice too. A great listen.
on 5 October 2013
This is the most amazing album I have ever bought. It's not like your typical, poppy album. It's old school r&b. Don't hesitate to buy it.
on 2 September 2013
This is the best album I have ever heard. Ariana has worked so hard on it over the last three years. I can't believe it is finally out EEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPP<33333333333333