on 10 October 2013
I've been wanting an all in one PC for a while now and one that comes with Windows 8. All in all a very good PC - very timely delivered and extremely easy to set up. It has plenty of USB ports, two of which are USB3.0. I'm not much of a computer bod but in terms of performance the computer does not disappoint. I did expect the keyboard and mouse to be wireless but they're not. It's not something that bothers me personally but some people do find the wires unsightly.
on 13 May 2014
I got this almost 2 months ago and have had it with me maybe 8 days, as it's been travelling to Germany and back twice for repair. It came back again with the same fault so today I've been trying to get a refund and that's still in progress, even though it was verbally promised. So the repair centre is definitely incompetent, they had the option of sending me a new PC but chose not to do that, I don't know if that would have made a difference.
I thinkg the problem was caused by upgrading to Windows 8.1, which I did and then the Music X-Box application's ads crashed the PC every time. Same blue screen crash happened with some home video clips. All their repair centre did was to do a recovery and then tested it without running Windows updates or upgrading to 8.1 and sent it back. I had already performed the recovery twice with no help. Now I'll be looking for a another All-in-one PC which has 8.1 preinstalled.
It is a great shame as otherwise the PC is really great, I loved the look of it as well as the speed, quietness, audio and the apps.
on 16 March 2016
The Lenovo C540 was a great PC... For 2 years, I know I'm not the only one who has had this particular problem with the computer as said by others so ill share my story, I've had the Lenovo for 2 years and it WAS working great. On the weekend it made a clicking noise then turned off and the next thing I knew there was a smell of burning coming from the back of the computer, To find out what was wrong we sent it to a repair shop for a diagnosis it has come back to have a short circuited Hard drive, This has been pointed out on Amazon.com's website reviews of this product by a few other customers, I was also told that it is suprising the computer never broke into flames!! So to anyone who is thinking of buying this particular PC I would highly recommend thinking twice as it could end alot worse!!
on 2 September 2015
2-Sept-15
I got mine about 4 months ago and for the 1st month it just sat in it's box whilst I constantly pestered Lenovo to send me a replacement Power supply, as the one that came initially was dead.
They insisted I send the whole unit back to be assessed by their techs.
After I explained I was probably more qualified in this area than their Techs they capitulated and sent a replacement.
Now I have the new & working power supply I can't fault the PC at all. I have upgraded the Win8 to Win8.1 and now to Win10. (All free from Microsoft Updates)
The graphics are clear and crisp. I watch movies off a USB drive and the video and sound is very good.
There is plenty of available space on the 1TB hard drive and have partitioned it into 2x500gb (approx. sizes)
The version I have has 4gb ddr3 and copes well with everything it has been asked to do so far.
I have played some games but the graphics aren't up to newer more advanced games (Shoot-em up type) with fast flowing action and it is best to use the wired keyboard & mouse not wireless.
I bought it for my wife to use on her lap (she is visually impaired and struggles with conventional laptops) but it was too heavy for this, but on a table it is fine.
I have given the AIO pc hardware itself 4/5 however the Lenovo customer service is at best a 2/5.
on 7 September 2015
At the time this was an exciting acquisition as it combined a large combined PC and screen which simply sat on the desk and saved space.
This computer was purchased almost 2 years ago to the day. Last Saturday smoke started to emanate from the top. The screen could not be shut down and the power cable had to be pulled out instead. We certainly expect a computer to last longer and to be free from fire risk. The hard drive shows a scorch mark. There is a risk that some more recent files will not be redeemable.