Customer reviews

The 12" Singles Collection [12" VINYL]
Format: Vinyl|Change

on 28 November 2017
After getting through the very poor packaging from amazon and a second box set, I have been left a little disappointed in the recording quality, my set may have been towards the end of the pressing? but the quality is far from great.

I have played this box set on some high end analogue kit and the quality is very average towards poor, shame I have many of the originals that were used to DJ with and the pressing quality is far better!

So all in all disappointed
on 12 July 2017
Great collection, good pressings, highly recommend if your a fan of disco
on 29 October 2017
Great Vinyl package from CHIC. Love it
on 13 September 2013
There's something ever so satisfying about gently putting a needle on a classic piece of vinyl.

The word Heavyweight springs to mind, being released on 180g virgin vinyl gives the sound of these a feel that is just not found on (albeit) much cheaper CD releases. Put this on the decks, close your eyes and imagine the glimmer globes and bright lights of Studio 54.

I've included the track listing below, as Amazon don't seem to see fit to include, which delayed my purchase of this...

Record 1

B: My Feet Keep Dancing

Record 5
A: Hangin'
B: Chic Mystique
11 Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 September 2013
A great set of classic tunes, 12" singles always had the best sound.

Records weren't warped like some, but dear oh dear putting the singles in plain cardboard sleeves leaves them open to collecting dust and scratches, Warners could at least have put inner sleeves on the discs.
on 24 September 2013
I'm giving this 1 star for the following reasons:- Firstly,the item arrived without any packaging, appalling Amazon! Secondly, 3 of the 5 discs were warped so I sent them back. A replacement was sent which this time did arrive in proper packaging but again the set contained several warped discs so this will be sent back too. I believe the warped vinyl is caused by over tight shrink wrap on the presentation box putting pressure on the vinyl, causing it to bend out of shape. Anyone else had a set with this problem or a set which isn't warped?
on 1 June 2016
Well worth the money to get these on heavy vinyl pressings. I have had no problem with this set as others have in the past. The set that I recieved was fully complete with non of the warping that others had complained about. If you like Chic and Disco get it.
on 24 October 2013
This box set is excellent, the quality of the vinyl is to a high standard and this can be heard when being played. The sound quality is also to a high standard.
on 11 January 2014
I've been a huge fan of Nile Rodgers & Chic since the 70's. For the last few years it's been great to be able to go and see the band live and even meet the great man himself on more than one occasion but it was still like being a member of a fairly small, select club for those of us who knew how brilliant this band is. Everyone else would react with some surprise when you mentioned Chic and say they "didn't know they were still going" or for those younger than a certain age "who are they?". That all changed in 2013. Suddenly it seems like Chic is the hottest live band around, and Nile is in enormous demand to produce and play on other people's records. To those of us in the know, this is just the rest of the world waking up to something we already knew, but it's been amazing to see it anyway.

This is a great box set. It seems to be very under hyped compared to the "Up all night" greatest hits CD which was such a blockbuster last year. This is how you should listen to Chic's hits, on full length 12" singles. Sound quality is great and I had no problems with packaging or warped records. I have added my own inner sleeves though, and I think a booklet would have been a nice addition to the set. Now let's have a set of all the studio albums on vinyl! And above all, Nile surely the time is right for a new studio album from you and your amazing band. 5 stars!!
on 21 September 2015
Brilliant !
I just wish there could be 12" Singles Collections like this available for similar artists as well..