on 3 April 2016
I really enjoyed Single Woman Seeks Revenge. It was one of those books where you know what the out come is going to be but you enjoy the journey and have fun along the way. I like Tracy Bloom's down to earth style and creation of characters I always enjoy getting to know.
on 27 August 2013
It's extremely predictable that I knew the ending from the first chapter.

The first three as shown on Amazon are interesting and I love the revenge plot but once you buy the book it goes from great to okay in a matter of a couple chapters. The revenge plots aren't so good then and the last one wasn't even made clear. I got the impression that the writer ran out of creative ways of getting revenge, thus the opportunity for a great read is wasted. When we see the agony aunt at the start of a chapter, it's dynamic and entertaining. I was hoping for there to be a new situation for every new chapter, but to my disappointment, these were rare. I think the writer herself may have become bored with the too straight forward story, in the fact that there is no real subplot (perhaps Drew and Emily's wedding preparations count but I found that all boring personally and it still related to the main story, so it depends on your perspective).

Suzie acts like an immature teenager. As the book progresses, I can see why men took advantage of her. She let herself be a complete doormat and in one instance, regressed back into that mindset.

I do think this point has a few good points. It was an ok, easy read with a linear story. I think it follows the same trend as most second books from any author - they're not as good as the first.

Little Spoilers*

From my first sentence, I meant in the way that Drew and Suzie were clearly going to be together as he was her nice friend and that the clue was he was engaged, which always means that there's an opportunity for a wedding cancellation.

I didn't like that Suzie was with an engaged man (not Drew). How can she expect to say all men are bad when this character wasn't a good woman herself? How can she expect a man who is committed to another woman to be with her?
on 26 July 2013
Having only just discovered Tracy Bloom, and read NOHSOAT, I was worried that the next book wouldn't be as good, I was wrong! Fabulous read, I managed to read it in about 16 hours, including a nights sleep in there! My kids are very grateful, they were able to watch trashy kids tv for 3 hours while I was so engrossed in my book! Looking forward to her next book! Hurry up Tracy! X
on 23 November 2013
l don't write reviews as l believe everybody should make their own decision and not be influenced by somebody else's decision after all we are all different, l read the production description and part of the book available
on 8 December 2013
There's a certain realism about this book in fact I felt as if a friend of mine would benefit from the advice throughout..... so I suggested she brought it too. She and I LOVED it. Fun, sad and a serious note too !
on 10 March 2014
I feel really bad about writing this review, and have waited for a couple of months to ensure I felt the same way. I loved Tracy Blooms first book, so couldn't wait to start this one, but was really disappointed and I don't know why, It was well written and the characters were good, but it just didn't do it for me. So much so I didn't finish it, and I hate people who review books that they haven't finished! I didn't hate it, it didn't bore me, but I just stopped reading it one day and started another book and haven't felt the desire to go back to it since. Maybe, that's me as I have started to read a different genre of books over the last couple of months, so perhaps it was that more than this book in particular. That said, I will read it again one day and am sure I will enjoy it.
on 19 September 2015
Am really enjoying journeying through Tracy Bloom's series of inventive, just slightly surreal, comedies of emotional trials and 'train wrecks'. You savour the oncoming catastrophes. These books could be a guilty pleasure for any male reader? Buy them for your partner and sneekily 'borrow'.
on 6 September 2013
When I started this book I thought I was in for a treat. How disappointing it turned out to be. No revenge plan at such scale ie the football match would ever work, too far fetched. I would put this book on the same par as mills and boon YAWN
on 21 October 2013
This book is terribly written and the editor who allowed it to be published should be ashamed of themselves; firstly due to the lame storyline and secondly due to the amount of spelling and grammatical errors that it is filled with. Don't waste your time on it.
on 10 August 2013
Worth the 99p the Kindle edition costs but was glad I hadn't paid more. The concept of the revenge column is witty in itself and the letters+replies are clever and amusing, as are the details of Suzie's first three revenges. However, the book's overall trajectory is very predictable from the start. The book's key weakness is the ending, which is a saccharin sell-out that undermines the rest of the book, rather than the salutary warning of the danger of extremes that it could have been and almost is. The book seems to have been released via a self-publishing platform. A good editor might have helped here as well as encouraging a more rigorous approach to the chronology of the Christmas run-up, wedding planning etc and sorted out the erratic punctuation and grammar (e.g. who's/whose, use of commas and quotation marks).