TOP 50 REVIEWERon 16 March 2016
I was looking for cool recognisable figures to theme my YouTube videos when I came across this 'Minecraft Diamond Steve Action Figure'.

I'm not a huge fan of Minecraft, but I personally like the look of this product: the 3-inch character, which comes with a cube and a sword, is articulated like a lego and you can even remove its helmet.

Unarguably, the overall quality is not exceptional: it could feel a bit more sturdy for a price between £5.50-£7. But it's decent. And I can imagine that Minecraft enthusiasts will be satisfied with this item.

-I hope you will also find my review and my photo coverage helpful-

TIP
- "for ages 6 years and over": make sure small children don't have access to this toy as it's far too easy to remove (and potentially swallow) the limbs of the character, its sword or its helmet...
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
5 people found this helpful
on 17 August 2016
I have a son with a Minecraft obsession, so Diamond Steve is his ultimate action figure (allegedly!). This action figure set contains the main Minecraft character Steve, wearing diamond armour (not removable, except for the sword) and also contains a diamond block (plastic cube). It's a cute enough toy, which is both authentic and accurate in its attributes. The block isn't proportionate to the character (at least not in comparison to blocks in the game), but this is intentional and is more of a collector's block. Like any action figures, it won't take long for your kids to figure out how to remove Steve's arms and legs, and although his head has remained attached thus far, it's surely only a matter of time before my son finds a way to mutate Steve with a zombie head! My impression is that the more the arms and legs are removed, the easier they are to remove again, which could result in them becoming rather loose or worse, breaking off. But so far, it remains intact with just a few battered edges on the cube and a slight wearing away of the paint on Steve, but this is due to lots of play not poor quality.
For something so simple, this can be a little overpriced at over £5, but for the quality and quantity of fun it has brought to my son, it is worth every penny. Wait for a decent sale or discount and both parents and children will be delighted!
on 6 April 2015
Solid build quality although the accessories are small and fiddly and kid has lost one of them already. I have now gotten him a storage bag that he keeps all his minecraft figures in and I recommend some sort of storage for these if they are intended for kids. The detail on the items is excellent and any minecraft fan will love the toys. Personal favourite part of the pack is the slime it looks awesome the way it is designed with the clear surround. I would go as far as to say these are good enough quality to put on a shelf to do a nice geeky minecraft display.
4 people found this helpful
on 15 December 2016
My 5 year old daughter absolutely loves Minecraft and has specifically asked for toys relating to the game for Christmas.

I purchased this guy from a Marketplace seller and the Iron Golem comes retail packaged (card back with plastic front) and is 3 inches in size, he also has an Iron block and a flower included with him.
In Minecraft he can give the flower to a Villager as a sign of friendship, Iron Golems spawn in the game to protect Villagers and the Villages.

He is well made from molded plastic and is articulated which is great compared to some toys these days which are just one solid piece of plastic.

Overall he is quite cute in my opinion and definitely a great addition to a collection whether you are young or old!
on 13 September 2016
Absolutely love the Minecraft character series. They're very well made, though it's worth noting that they aren't played with. They sit on top of our consoles in the TV cabinet as embellishments. This works nicely because all of the limbs are movable and positionable in a way that you can have the characters fighting, running, chasing, sitting etc! The way the accessories click in to the hands of the characters is brilliant and isn't particularly fiddly. The cubes are hollow but aren't light and cheap and the figures feel lovely and sturdy.
on 5 August 2015
Bought this for my daughter's 7th birthday. Like many her age, she's a bit Minecraft-mad at the moment, and loves all things associated. So in that sense, it was an easy side-gift.

The quality is pretty poor, you're basically paying a premium for the fact that it's Minecraft. It must cost peanuts to make and feels cheap. The figure is like a Lego figure (around twice as large) and similarly articulated. The pixel patterns such as that on the block is actually quite poor on close inspection (not that a kid cares, of course).

Maybe I'm getting cynical but can't help but think the packaging is oversized - a bit of marketing wizardry perhaps to make you think it's worth more - the reality is £4-£5 is probably a more reasonable price for this.
on 30 October 2016
My son is a huge Minecraft fan and I bought these for him for his birthday, he had many other sets too and has played with them for hours. He's only 5, so they are ideal for him. This set contains 1x dirt bock and 1x enderman. This is a small set but my son was desperate for the enderman to add to his collection.
The figures and blocks are always excellent quality and look great, they don't have stickers on so stay looking good and can be used in the water or sand.
Overall, really great product for any Minecraft fan.
on 24 September 2014
Kids Love Minecraft. But then So Do I and I am 45. We all play togethor at home (even the youngest at 4). And when I feel they (or we) have had too much time on the computers, we can still play minecraft with these brilliant figures, and then it becomes role playing games.

Great when you have addicts to the game from a 12 year old severe ADHD, and a 4 year, who don't want to get off the computers I say come play minecraft with dad with the figures
6 people found this helpful
on 14 March 2017
Another excellent minecraft product, we seem to have them all now. My son loves Minecraft and this was an easy choice as a gift for him, these toys are well made and robust enough to stand even the roughest play. On their own they are a little boring but with a few other sets you can play with them pretty well. Recommended.
on 20 January 2018
I think I said enough in the title for this review if you are 8 years old and you love Minecraft you are absolutely love this my little one has it on the side of the table and plays with it regularly.