on 1 June 2012
I'm not that good at giving summaries that don't give away too much so I'll just say that I LOVED this book.
I waited A LONG time for this to come out and it has SO been worth the wait. It is now my favorite in the Blacktop Cowboys series and perhaps even my favorite Lorelei James book of all.
I thought the characters were really well developed and I liked them all. I liked Renner and Tierney's relationship development and their figuring out that things/people aren't always the way you think from just looking at them. Ms. James did this without it being the stereotypical 'frumpy girl is actually a beauty underneath' storyline that most romance books seem to follow. It was original and very well done.
Likewise, I liked Jane and Abe's rediscovery of each other while figuring out how to get beyond past hurts and figuring out too that perhaps the other wasn't the only one who made mistakes in their marriage.
I liked that there were two stories intertwined in this book. I thought Ms. James pulled it off great without having me feel short-changed on one couple and fed-up with the other. It was really well balanced.
There were as always funny parts of the book with some great and memorable one-liners, yet there were also really moving parts that had me tearing up. And of course there was great, fabulous, steamy love scenes and an abundance of sexy cowboys!!!! NO ONE writes romance (erotic or otherwise) like Lorelei James. She is an automatic buy for me and I will drop whatever else I am supposed to be doing to read her new books when they come out - sometimes I'll even do that for a re-read ;o)

I don't think I can say much more than that other than do yourself a favor and BUY it!
on 3 November 2014
Two for the price of one, better than any superstore bargain. I do love to see grown folks love in stories. Stories of second chances and love unspoken always gets right to my gut. Yes I wanted to slap the men some sense, and hook the women by their hair roots, but I'm a reader not a fighter lol. Enjoy and come closer into the ranching community of muddy gaps. Well done once again Mrs James.
on 29 March 2015
I loved this book. Lorelei James never disappoints. I don,t usually write a review as i never know what to say, so i will just say this once you start reading Lorelei's books you wont be able to stop.
on 23 September 2013
Great that this series is finally available on Kindle. 4.5 stars - enjoyable but not quite as good as the Rough Rider series.
on 4 September 2013
Fabulous as usual. Lorelei James never lets you down. Read whole series of the blacktop cowboys and loved them all.
on 23 October 2016
Loved them all in this series
on 20 September 2015
I just adore this series!