on 9 October 2013
When I bought Google Semantic Search on Amazon for my Kindle I was expecting the book to be good, it is from David Amerland after all, but what I wasn't expecting was it to be 'game changing'.

You see it isn't that often that a book this important comes along, I can count on one hand, okay maybe two, the books I have read that leave you with this amount of information on one subject and leave enough space at the end of every chapter to challenge you to do something and you will do it I promise you.

If your business relies on Google, or even it it doesn't yet, you need this book beside you at all times because its not a book that you read and then put away. This is a book that will help you set up your Website and Google Profiles correctly and then help you utilize them in ways you never thought possible. But that's not all for the rest of the Google Magic you will have to buy the book and write your own review ;-)

Do yourself and your business a favour and order this book...NOW!!
on 10 June 2014
If you are checking out this book it means you are aware of the fact that the SEO field is going under some radical changes. It also means that you are probably smart enough in order to quickly catch up with all the new things. This book will do the job, It will provide you with everything you need to know, but, in my opinion, it has to offer something a lot more important.

The only problem you will (still) be left with after reading the book and after finally understanding how Semantic Web works, is to convince clients. They resist to understand and believe. The changes are truly drastic. But you need to worry not!

David Amerland is an intellectual Ninja.

Let me to remind you that he is also a keynote speaker, a master of the english language and an analytical thinker. For me, he is a modern philosopher. He could be Socrates 2.0 hehe

Long story to cut it short, this book helped me as well with ways to present the new web situation properly to the clients and so as I now have a full time job. Just because of it. Lastly, allow me to also recommend to follow David on Google+ and even stay tuned with his Google Semantic Search community there as he gets truly generous when it comes to information and above all... inspiration!

David, thank you :)
on 2 May 2014
This book by David Amerland is my desk reference on search engine optimization (SEO).

I thought I knew quite a bit on SEO, but lately some things just haven't been working and this book explained why. I love the way the book is laid out and every chapter giving you an explanation of the "What" something is, such as author rank and concludes with a step-by-step plan on how to implement it for yourself. If you want to stay ahead and stay relevant, you have to buy this book, otherwise you'll resort to outdated SEO methods that won't necessarily get you banned, but they won't get you very far either.
on 26 January 2014
A must-read book for anyone looking to understand how Google's algorithm is evolving, and what you can do to stay ahead.

Chapters:

1. What Is Semantic Search?
2. What is the Knowledge Graph?
3. What is new in SEO?
10. Entity Extraction and the Semantic Web
11. The Four Vs of Semantic Search
12. How Search Became Invisible
on 20 January 2014
If you read one book about how to market your business on line this year, make it this one. For the last couple of years the Search Engine Optimisation world has been in turmoil as it tries over and over again to (yet again) reverse engineer the latest Google search algorithm and work out how to make Websites rank more highly than they deserve to - but increasingly it can't. The game has changed. David Amerland's book explains why Google semantic search is genius and permanently game changing. The book does so in a way I found entertaining and useful. I'm a Marketing professional with a passion for digital(but NOT a Techie)and I run a digital marketing agency, I need to know this stuff and I am glad I read this book. It will benefit me, my team and my clients.
on 24 February 2014
I really enjoyed David Amerland's book on Google Semantic Search, it really opened my eyes to how the web is drastically changing. David uses some really good analogies in the book and makes things easy to understand, particularly if you are a novice like myself.

I am big fan of Google Plus and first discovered his book on the social layer from other Google Plus users such as from author Martin Shervington (who wrote The Art and Science of Google Plus- a book I strongly recommend to anyone who has an interest in social!)

If you are someone who works in digital marketing and are struggling with your brand's message, this book will definitely put you in the right direction with David's years of experience and knowledge. I also recommend circling him if you are a Google Plus user.
on 12 September 2013
I have just finished reading David Amerland's book 'Google Semantic Search' and think it is a masterpiece.
It's for everyone involved in SEO, wants better search results or is simply are curious where the online world is going.
Times they are a changing and this will become a textbook, a workbook and the all round industry standard on, in particular, why and how Google+ is changing everything most of all. Buy it, educate yourself and the apply it all to lead the way in your niche, whatever that may be.
on 28 November 2013
Good book - very much about social media and semantic search rather than traditional SEO but this was written before the Hummingbird release which more or less validates all David wrote
on 30 August 2015
The bible on semantic search. A must have for SEO practitioners.
on 17 June 2014
I loved the fact the book was written in a way anyone could understand. Plenty of checklists which will be handy for those readers who will be inspired to take action.