Customer reviews

Broken Blossoms
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 30 June 2013
Once again Ms Bell has written another story with credible characters and situations. There is a poignancy and air of tragedy attached to the heroine Katherine Widcombe which dogs her life regardless of her determination to avoid or bypass it. We sense this through Ms Bell's writing, even though we do not know the complete nature of her secret. The unexpected twist three-quarters of the way through changed what could have been a run of the mill romance into something much darker and thrilling.
on 4 August 2013
I have read all of Julia's books now,and this is right up there withThe Wild Poppy which was a favourite,this book is a real page turner,it has everything a historical fiction fan could want,Julia's style of writing is so informative you can visualise the characters,places and situations,I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend any of the authors books,she is brilliant.
on 11 August 2013
this book fantastic i couldnt put it down. its not what i would normaly read but glad i did. i will defenatly be reading more books from julia
on 29 September 2016
First, the cover attracted me. Second, the blurb drew me in. Third, I've read other Julia Bell books, all well-written. Then right from the very start I knew this would turn into something different. And how!

For a while I was lulled into my comfort zone of beautiful descriptions and being transported back to the 18th century with accurate historical details adding even more interest. Then shock! Horror! Surely not! Should I read on?

If you like historical drama, love that brings tears to your eyes, a growing sense of unease, and surprises and shocks, then pick up this book.
on 10 August 2014
Not my usual type of book, but found it very enjoyable and hard to put down. Would definitely read another book from this author.
on 13 July 2014
4.5 stars for this one. It has been in my book mountain for a good while and it finally reached the top. I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end, characters I loved, liked and of course a villain to hate. Moments of tears, of laughter, smiles and frowns, this story has it all and will go straight into my folder of books to keep.
I have now read 5 of Julia's books and look forward to reading the rest.
on 1 December 2013
I GOT LOST IN THE STORY. IT HAD ME IN TEARS OF SADNESS AND LAUGHTER. ALSO REPULSED AT HERBERT'S Secret.
on 18 November 2013
Another new author for me , a very enjoyable read and good storyline Did not want it to end. Thanks
on 18 January 2014
Loved this book, another I couldnt put down by julia bell! Highly recommended, I ve enjoyed learning some basic historical facts along the way, thank you!
on 10 March 2014
Enjoyable but not a lot of substance to this - nice to while away a summer afternoon anyway. Probably wouldnt look for another one from this author