on 11 December 2010
I've been trying to find a decent pair of boots for a while. I used to love Cat boots, but frankly lately the quality has dropped as the price went up. I bought these Grafters solely on the basis of the consistent high ratings that other Amazon customers have left. I Was not disappointed.
I would agree that the Sizing is a little Generous. I've been a size 12 unwaveringly for years, and though these say 12 on the label, they'd have to be at least a 13!!, but still, nothing a pair of insoles, and some thick socks hasn't fixed.
Good solidly made soles. I've had a hard job finding good grippy soles that don't have Air cushions in stupid places, that usually just wear through, and leave you with wet feet very quickly.
So far I've had no leaks, and they've been well tested in all the recent snow and slush.
I won't hesitate to buy these boots again. Might just order another pair to make sure I have them on Standby!
HALF THE PRICE of the pair I was previously considering, and the best I've purchased in a Loooong time!

UPDATE: The above review was written 2 years ago, and more. I've just bought my second pair of these excellent boots, and after the sizing issues last time, I thought I'd go a size smaller, in the hope of being nearer the mark. I Can definitely say, if you're ordering these (and I hope you do) If you want Size 12, Order the 11s...As this pair is a perfect fit. Very happy, and I hope the have the ridiculous life span the last pair had!
VERY HAPPY 2ND TIME CUSTOMER!!
on 24 November 2008
Well fitting boot if you have wide feet and the arch is smaller than magnum boots.. Wears very well and light. Laces wore well too!
I needed a pair of boots that were sturdy enough to use when riding on a motorcycle and still be light enough to walk around in without crippling my feet. These are great, the construction of the boot is sturdy and yet the boot is flexible and light, the material keeps my feet warm even on the bike but they do allow a bit of ventilation. I feel like buying another pair just to keep a pair in reserve. I will, I feel, end up almost living in these boots during summer, ideal footwear for festivals.
on 4 November 2013
Was looking for a pair of boots for the coming winter and these have not failed to live up to expectations. The sizing is spot on and accomodate for wide feet. They are wonderfully warm and break in very easily. I've been wearing them for a week now and have had no blisters. They offer grest support. Since wearing them my plantar faciatis has improved greatly. All in all a cracking pair of boots.
Only down side is when they get wet they do get white marks on them but these eaily come off with a boot brush.
on 1 March 2009
Great boots so far, very comfortable and light.Excellent value for money so far and Amazon delivery great too as usual.
on 21 January 2015
Fresh out of the box, I feared they were plastic, the tongue also seemed hideously thin, however they seem pretty good actually and as for the price, they're fantastic. I was unsure at first and took a while to order them (previously owned more expensive, heat retaining lining, non-marking soles) however I wish I'd bought them sooner. The reason for only 4 stars, the length of the laces is a few inches too short, so they when I put them on, I then have to restring them. Good grip, good size, nice and comfortable.

EDIT: There is no looking back, I'm upping them to 5 stars (originally 4) they now look like leather boots, are very comfortable and I will be buying these again when the soles eventually give up (I wear the inside heel out, the boots are not at fault).
on 16 April 2014
Best pair of boots ive ever purchased. Very waterproof as i was walking through a ditch filled with water. Feet were bone dry!
on 1 April 2015
I'd love to leave a positive review for this item as the boots are comfortable and really nice but... one of the metal "thingies" which are holding the laces came out after 2 days of use (nothing extreme - just walking through the city) , and it looks another one is going to come out soon. It's a pity because I've started to like this boots.
review image
on 28 October 2014
Bought these for my dad for Xmas, something he said he wanted following him going into retirement. Dad tried these on as I wanted them to be perfect ready for Xmas, to say he was an excited 60 something is an understatement. He was thrilled!!! They fit perfectly and as others had commented fabulously made. The reviews pushed me to buy these and they did not let me down!! Great product I have not found on the high street, great quality, brilliant price and fab present. Thanks
on 1 June 2014
Had for less than a week, so early days yet. Boots are excellent quality and the right size. As other reviewers have mentioned buy a size smaller, as the they're quite roomy. Feels more substantial than other boots I've bought.This product could have been dazzling, if
a side zip had been a feature, for quick slip on/off.