on 14 November 2013
I read several reviews before buying this album and have to disagree with what most say about it. The truth is Editors are by and large no longer 'a cool band' and I think the reviews reflect that. However, on first listen I thought the band were experimenting with a newish sound and pace. If i'm honest this album was a slow burner for me but having listened intently I believe this album is littered with class. I may be biased in that I saw them live last night and was truly blown away by how good an act they are. All songs sung off this album were right up there in terms of their quality and how they matched previous big hitters like Racing Rats or Papillon for example is testament to how the sound has progressed. All in all the album is superb in its own right.
on 7 August 2017
I am a keen fan of the editors, This is a fine LP with a great set of songs. I love the track 'sugar' as it has a great sound, T rest of the album is very enjoyable and there re great themes in the tracks, This the first editors album I bought on vinyl format.
on 3 September 2013
A slow burner, that gradually takes you over with love. The edge remains but is added to by self depreciating humour and real emotion and rawness. Please don't listen to the detractors just buy and repeat play until you realise how much you adore it.....
on 30 December 2013
One of those albums that just gets better with each listen and you never grow tired of! This album has a more pop feel that The Editors usual fayre but highlights their versatility and musicianship. Favourite tracks: What is this Thing Called Love (how does a baritone voice get that high??!!), Phone Book ("Sing me a love song, from your heart or from the phone book') and the 'rocky' Sugar.
on 30 January 2015
I have long been a fan of the Editors, when I noticed a new album had been released with great reviews I was expecting their best work yet. However this album is very downbeat and, in all honesty, a little depressing.
on 19 February 2017
Excellent
on 6 November 2015
The best album released to date. Absolutely blown away by it. The editors are real talent and original. I am a fan for life. 10 out 10.
on 17 January 2015
Bought as a present. Great price and free p&p. My son says this album is superb!
on 10 January 2014
Stumbled across this band by accident. So glad I did. Not a duff track on this album. I would be pushed to give a favourite track, but Sugar possibly gets the vote. After hearing the album I went to see them live in Brighton. Full of energy from start to finish, musically spot on and up there with my all time favourite gigs. Can't wait to buy their back catalogue
on 31 July 2015
Good. Like the Editors, possibly not their finest but still good.