on 9 March 2017
This card has been in use now for a reasonable amount of time now. I am no computer nerd nor even reasonably well grounded in the complexities of the inner workings of my machine, but, with a little research online and a little common sense I was able to determine that this card was a viable upgrade to the previous one, both in performance and economy. The previous card did not have a fan and looking at the reviews for the 'GT 740' some criticism was given regarding noise; I have not found the card to be intrusive in that respect. The previous card had inferior performance by comparison and the software bundled with this one seems complicated, ( I refer to the g.p.u tweak dashboard ), however I have not made any adjustments and the card performs to my satisfaction anyway. As previously stated, I am nothing but a layman but I found it ridiculously easy to install the card, the computer recognised it with no trouble and the switch in the bias from on-board to card went without any hitch, ( the instructions were straightforward and there are many knowledgeable people online dispensing any further advice needed ). All in all if this card proves itself to be more reliable than the last I will be very satisfied..
on 10 January 2017
Bought this for my brother's budget PC build and for the price you pay its a decent card. My brother uses his PC mainly for photo editing and light gaming. It can run games like Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch and World of Warcraft at low settings with good FPS. If you don't mind playing on a lower graphics settings and have a tight budget then this gfx card will do the job.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 January 2015
At the time I bought this, it was good value for money but you have to check the latest tables and prices. What I can say is that it is well designed and very quiet. As soon as I installed it I noticed a big difference in the sound compared with my previous Zotac. It also seems to stay very cool even when working hard.

I found the Asus installation very quick and easy and the software very good. You get simple access to fan control and speed settings and performance data. There is no need to fiddle around install special windows tools without which some cards overheat.

I was initially concerned about compatibility with my slightly old PCI slot and the power cables. Neither was a problem. It has an 8 pin slot while my power supply has 6 pin cables. Fortunately it comes with a cable adapter with an 8 pin slot on one end and two 6 pin slots on the other.
on 24 April 2017
Outstanding card for the money, allows me to extend my display over three monitors, I can watch football in 1080p on one screen, and have several word and excel files open on the other two so I can get a bit of work done at the same time. It handles this without breaking sweat, not sure how it would do in a gaming set up, but then it's not really a gaming card. Perfect what I needed though.
on 9 March 2017
Great product, easy to install. I looped a tyrap around the socket clip and heat sink for extra security. Has increased my base score to 4.9 from 3.2 ,previously limited by on board graphics chip set, now only limited by my processor. Seems OK with my 300 watt PSU, but only using for VGA monitor with internet, not gaming.
on 6 March 2017
Perfect card for home theatre as it is silent and can even play 4k videos. It can even run games like Minecraft at 1080p 70 fps mid to high settings that keeps my little brother happy for days
on 17 April 2017
Works great on an Intel DQ35JO LGA775 motherboard with an Intel Core 2 Q6600 Quad-Core processor.
Using it to edit nature/wildlife slideshows, and videos in Kdenlive for Fedora 26 Alpha Linux.
At 1440 pixels is fine, but quite jittery (starts and stops) at 4K.

Edit : I booted to the BIOS, and selected "PCI Express", saved, then, switched off the computer, then, connected the monitor VGA of the GPU, then rebooted before it worked for me. I hope this helps?! :-)
on 30 December 2014
Did exactly what I needed it to do, which was to play Elite Dangerous at a decent frame rate and settings, which it achieved with ease. Older games have also had a fabulous upgrade. It was very easy to install, and no problems with software installation. All round an excellent card for the money.
on 10 April 2017
Very very good graphics card! It can still handle approximately all new games at a really good level.
Perfect balance between performance and budget.
If I could go back in time I would definitely buy it again.
on 10 May 2017
Bought for my 17 year old son who is upgrading an older computer as part of his A Level work, he found it easy to fit and install and says it meets all his course requirements