on 22 July 2017
Bought this for an 80's fancy dress party for my husband. Brilliant! So many people thought the costume was great. The onlky thing that wasn't up to scratch was the hoover! We added a little extra stuffing and used a longer wooden pole, instead of the one supplied, to make the hoover a better height and to make it stand up!
Draw the moustache on with an eyeliner to make it last longer too, as the one supplied doesn't stay on for long!
on 15 May 2017
I was Really surprised with the quality of all the kit ..
tip :- stuff the hoover with plastic to boost it out + super glue the back of it to the stick and it will stop swinging around
on 21 September 2017
Excellent! Very funny much laughs
on 1 May 2017
Really good outfit and value for money.
Hoover just needed a bit of stuffing with done bubble wrap. Wig and Moustache just make it perfect
on 21 June 2016
Got this for my son who was going to a fancy dress party , you get a pink cotton blouse which is ok not a very thick material there was a few marks on the blouse but easy wipe of ,the skirt was ok not thick but did the job the hover I had to get some stuffing and stuff it so it would stand up and I also had to make the handle a bit longer so overall it was a ok outfit the only disappointing thing was the hover .
on 29 November 2013
It is the same as the picture and as pictures often paint a thousand words it does a better job than I could. The skirt is pvc and the top nylon .. for those that attract static electricity, beware :) .. The wig isn't the "I want to break free" beehive but does the trick, the earrings are looped over your ears but that's hidden by the wig and the hoover depicted is a tad flimsy and is a little bit of a pain to get to look anything like the picture after being flat packed but hey, you get what you pay for. Note that it doesn't come with anything for the legs or feet and as I an 6' 3" and have size 12 feet the 'drag queen' shoes (if you want to go the whole hog) are pretty dear so I elected for army boots (I never said I was sane, and I look like a cross between dirty sanchez and a docker in drag) .. The idea is to just have some fun so for that alone it's worth a shot :)
on 29 May 2015
Good value for money. The other half wasn't as impressed as he was the one wearing it but got lots of laughs!!! Purchased for an 80's themed birthday party and the costume did its job. The hoover was flat but after stuffing it up and stapling it back together it looked great!
on 2 November 2015
I bought this to run in as part of a gag for a charity event.
I didn't have my hopes up for this and sadly was still let down. The wig is a very dark brown (not black) as other reviewers have said and the earrings I doubt will stay on anyone's ears in anything above a light breeze.
The vacuum prop is flat with no material inside like the product image to maintain it's shape. It also arrived ripped at the base and the pole is a piece of plastic in two parts that comes apart very easily.
Not worth £30 paid for it sadly. A shame really.
I wouldn't had bought this had I seen the product in person and would not recommend to other buyers.
review image
on 29 June 2016
Standard poorly maid costume. Despite the fact the mustash was missing it was ok and generated loads of laughs. The hover had to be stuffed with pillow fibres and I had to cut the wig as it was far to thick and had no real shape to it. But overall it was ok for a wear once costume. Allso the wig is BROWN not BLACK
review image
on 25 October 2015
The costume itself is very good. Nice quality fabric on the top and skirt. The wig is also good quality and very thick. The only thing that prevents me giving 5 stars is that the vacuum cleaner. It is of very poor quality, there isn't a hole to pad out the top bit and the handle is only suitable for a very small person. It also swings around on the wooden pole and won't stay straight. Would be better with a cardboard vacuum if they could put one in instead. We are taking a real one with us to our fancy dress because this one is so poor.