Top positive review
8 people found this helpful
A comeback worth waiting for!
on 8 July 2013
Ciara isn't playing around! She means business! After her last album Basic Instinct didn't do that well things were looking bad, she parted ways with her label saying that they basically sucked which is very true, fast forward 3 years and she has a new deal with L.A Reid, the man who discovered her and is back on form!
The album is probably one of the best RnB albums I've heard in years, it mixes the genre with crunk, pop, electro, drum and bass as well as hip/hop.
I'll go track by track!
1. I'm Out featuring Nicki Minaj: A great opener, Nicki's rap is fierce and Ciara brings it with her sultry tones on this superb RnB track, Ciara is telling a man she isn't putting up with him anymore, great stuff.
2. Sophomore: This song oozes sexiness, Ciara coo's about how "experienced" she is, a good song and certinaly keeps the momentum up.
3. Body Party: This song is pure sex, no beating around the bush here, the song is gorgeous, amazing melody and production with Ciara's sexy vocals keeping things creative enough for repeated listens, it's no wonder this was a single, it's slow jam at it's finest!
4. Keep On Lookin': This song almost has a reggae feel with the beginning shouting, this is about Ciara telling a guy to look the other way because she aint interested! This track is probably the definition of good filler.
5. Read My Lips: This song is so pretty, creative lyrics and a gorgeous beat, it's a song about Ciara just wanting to take care of her man, this song shows how much her voice has improved.
6. Where You Go featuring Future: This song is beautiful, her voice is just wow, the song is about telling your man not to hold your feelings in, she wants to know how you feel deep inside, it's a cute song and has a great RnB beat in the background thumping away.
7. Super Turnt Up: This song has an almost drum and bass beat, it's about Ciara watching her man be amazing and how much she wants him, it's a really interesting song and even features her rapping!
8. DUI: This song is so interesting, it's about Ciara behind the wheel of a car and not paying attention because all she can think of is her lover, a really catchy chorus and a great beat.
9. Livin' It Up featuring Nicki Minaj: This song HAS to be a single! So catchy, with such an addictive chorus, probably the most pop song on this album, Ciara put's on a faux Caribbean accent for the verses and it really works, great production and very good to dance to.
10. Overdose: This song has an almost 80's feel, Ciara wants you to call her a doctor because she's overdosed on love, an immediately catchy chorus and again, HAS to be a single, it would be a big hit I'm sure, the electro beat is mesmerizing.
11. For those who bought the album on itunes, it comes with an extra track, "Backseat Love", I advise you to download this because it is amazing! It's like an electro/RnB slow jam, it's about Ciara loving her man on the backseat of her car, a very catchy song and I can't believe it got relegated to bonus itunes track!
Overall this was a comeback worth waiting for, Ciara has grown so much, the music is fresh and creative, the production and lyrics are interesting and most importantly her vocals has really improved, she was always able to sing but these days she's taken it to another level!