on 10 February 2017
I almost stopped this book part way through because I thought it was slow and not getting anywhere but I'm so so glad I persevered because my quick judgment would have meant I missed out on one amazing thought provoking book! Keep the home fires burning...
on 20 May 2017
I could not put this down. The blossoming love between friends, the war and what the families endured. I hope there will be another story to follow on.
on 17 July 2017
I'd give this book 10 stars if I could. I loved it so much. I felt as though I was right back there in time with the characters because it was so well written the feelings, sights and smells became so real. I laughed, I cried and I didn't want it to end
on 8 July 2016
I was glued to this book. It has everything. Happiness, heartbreak, anger and hope. While all the time in the background a knowledge of these events in history bring true.
on 17 March 2016
Great
on 27 February 2015
Excellent read. Has had me captured throughout the book. A really wonderful story of love and hope, most of all it gives a message out, that whatever is happening in your life always have a smile. Highly recommend.:
on 21 April 2017
The story made you think what people went through during the war years and how the men that came back had. Changed.
on 16 May 2017
Really enjoyed this book. Good read that I couldn't put down.
on 2 September 2017
I chose as a holiday read as I love wartime stories of the East End. This one did not disappoint, it's ups and downs had me gripped and many tears - sad and happy - fell towards the end. I'd recommend to anyone with similar tastes in fiction
on 27 April 2017
Interesting read, fairly well written, predictable ending.