on 2 September 2013
My goodness! There were times I was literally holding my breath, times when I was suddenly VERY hot and times when I wanted to shake a few people. Mandy Baggot has done it again and created in the leading characters, Emma and Guy, two people you can empathise and sympathise with for all sorts of reasons. The unfairness of life sometimes, the way people can interfere and make things needlessly complicated and the way the path we travel isn't always supposed to be a straight one. Guy is another Mandy Baggot hero - I have one word for him - gorgeous. Emma lost her heart to him at a tender age and when they meet up again life has taught her to be cautious and a little wary. There are a couple of twists that throw things up in the air and you find yourself crossing your fingers and toes that it will all turn out right in the end. But nothing is guaranteed and so much can go wrong, you will be on the edge of your seat!
on 14 September 2013
This was the first time I had read this authors work and have to say I found it to be a good read with with some twists and turns that I did not expect. Good read.
on 10 August 2013
Do You Remember? is a poignant beautifully written romance which held my interest from the first page.

A story of first love reveals a labyrinth of despair and hope.I like the way past events are threaded into the story enhancing their impact. A definite page turner.The plot is absorbing and full of twists and surprises.

Emma is the girl next door whose life is disrupted by personal tragedy. She could be you or me except she hides a life changing secret.

Guy is more than the alpha hero who storms Emma's quiet ordinary life. Twice. As the story progresses you realise he is driven and damaged by past events he cannot forget or escape.

The author writes about unpalatable subjects with great sensitivity and though integral to the plot they do not overpower the epic love story.

I recommend this book to all lovers of true romance.

'I was sent this book by HarperCollins UK, HarperImpulse via NetGalley in return for an honest review'.
Do You Remember?: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance
on 24 October 2013
Harper Impulse are fast becoming one of my favourite romance publishers. They manage to offer a wide variety of books within the genre, and I'm yet to be disappointed!

Do You Remember? is a story of the all encompassing nature of first love. Set in France in 2005,the book follows the relationship between Emma, who has recently lost her mother and Guy. They are swept away by their feelings for each other, falling quickly and deeply. However, love rarely runs smoothly and Emma returns home from her holiday with a broken heart...

Fast forward to the present day and Emma is raising her young son and working crazily hard in her job as an English teacher. She is settled with a boyfriend who adores her. So when Guy reappears in her life Emma is completely unprepared for the emotions that overcome her.

I absolutely loved this book! I'm a bit of a sappy romantic at heart and this book ticked all the boxes. I thought Emma and Guy's relationship came across as very real, especially the portrayal of their time in France where the longing and desire oozes off the page. The plot was simple but had enough little twists and turns to keep me guessing about aspects of it. I was desperate to find out if there would be a happy ending and would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a heartwarming read.

8.5/10
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 August 2013
Firstly I'd like to thank the author for sending me this eBook to read and give an honest review. If you're a regular reader of my blog then you'll know just how much I enjoy Mandy's books and this was no exception, I was captivated by Emma and Guy's story and read it from start to finish in just a few hours (it was a very late night for me :) ). I couldn't stop reading, I simply had to know what happened in 2005 to cause so much heartache!

The story began in France with a lovely encounter between the young Emma and Guy, I was given some brief details about the death of Emma's mother and this made me feel quite protective of her very quickly. The present day Emma seemed to be settled but not entirely happy when her past was suddenly brought back to her - this sent a wave of questions crashing through my mind and so began my quest to find out the truth about 5 September 2005.

The storyline alternated between the present day and 2005, I was treated to snippets of the time Emma and Guy spent together in France and this meant that I gradually connected all the dots to get the full picture at the end of the book. I always enjoy reading both sides of the story so getting inside Guy's head and knowing his thoughts was particularly exciting for me, especially seeing as he was a hot, sexy French footballer.

Towards the end there were little moments that suggested something sinister had taken place, this side of the storyline was unexpected but riveting - by this point I was desperate to find out what the big secret was! As always with Mandy's books there was a lighter side so I laughed and smiled many times throughout, I just loved that everything was `on skis' and have already found myself saying it to my children (this will make complete sense when you read the book :D ).

Mandy has the natural ability to capture you and pull you into the storyline so that it feels like you're there alongside the characters and this is one of the reasons I enjoy her books so much, it makes my reading experience much more exciting.

This was a captivating read filled with romance and secrets, another hit for the fabulous Mandy Baggot!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 July 2013
After reading the blurb for this, I really liked the sound of it, so a big thank you to HarperImpulse for allowing me to review.

This novel starts in 2005; a year that was extremely traumatic for Emma having just lost her Mother. Emma and her Dad, Mike are grieving so they have gone on holiday to France to try and escape the painful memories of her.

This is where Emma meets Guy. Guy is drop dead gorgeous and the fact that he's french definitely adds to his appeal. Emma can't stop looking at him, but she thinks that she doesn't stand a chance against the likes of Tasha and Melody who she thinks are much better looking than her in their tiny bikini's, swishing their hair and fluttering their eyelashes. But when Guy's football accidentally knocks her off her chair, what ensues is a powerful romance between them that Emma certainly didn't expect.

Fast forward to 2013 and Emma is no longer with Guy. She is with sweet, lovely Chris who has just proposed to her and not for the first time. Emma also has an eight-year old boy called Dominic, but it is unclear who his Father is. Emma has long since moved on from Guy, or so she thinks. So when she unexpectedly finds Guy back in her life all her feelings for him come right back up to the surface.

Guy is now an international football star and has done very well for himself since struggling in 2005 with an abusive Mother and a young baby to take of. When he and Emma see each other, they both know that their feelings for one another have not changed, but how can they possibly be together after what happened. They are also in a relationship with other people now and maybe they both have secrets that they couldn't possibly tell one another without it devastating them again.

I thought Emma was incredibly sweet and I felt so sorry for her for all that she had been through. It was clear as well they she does not love Chris as much he loves her. But she she knows that Chris has been there for her and how can she possibly leave him. Also even though she still has feelings for Guy how can she even begin to forgive him for what he did to her all those years ago. But Emma had never given a Guy a chance to explain, she was just so hurt she just made assumptions and ran away. Guy is also really lovely and caring and he is also hurting from that time, maybe Emma got it wrong?

I knew that Guy and Emma were meant to be together and the spark between the two of them is wonderful, you will be desperate for them to be together throughout the novel and there are some truly wonderful romantic scenes between the two of them.

This novel also had two very unexpected twists for me that you definitely will not see coming. I was shocked as it is not at all what you see coming and you realised that 2005 had a lot more secrets than you think!!

I honestly really enjoyed this and I look forward to reading more from Mandy Baggot.
on 3 January 2014
Before I start this review, I have to start with the fact that I am huge fan of Mandy's work. Earlier this year, I was very excited when I heard that Mandy had signed a two-book deal with Harper Collins' digital first romance imprint, Harper Impulse. It's great to see a such a talented author do so well. If you haven't done so already, I urge you to read Mandy's other books including; `Excess All Areas' and `Knowing Me Knowing You'.

`Do You Remember?' is a romantic novel based around the life of young mother of one, Emma Barron. Emma hasn't had the easiest of starts to life; losing her own mother to cancer when she was only 17 and bringing Dominic up on her own from the same age. In this story, we journey simultaneously through Emma's past and present. Mandy's unique writing style is what makes it special. The events of the past mirror the present and the two sides of the story fit together harmoniously.

The story begins when Emma is on holiday in France and meets the 18 year old who will change the course of her future and with whom she will fall in love. The story takes us through their eventful few weeks sneaking around together in La Baum, where Emma is holidaying with her Father. Their relationship doesn't blossom in the way they had planned and Emma finds herself heartbroken and rushing back to Wiltshire with her Father. When Emma is 25, Guy Duval (now a rich and famous footballer) comes back into her life and those feelings she worked hard to bury begin to resurface. Does her kind and loyal boyfriend Chris stand a chance against the bond between Guy and Emma? Make sure you read and find out!

Emma is a wonderfully written character making her story hard hitting in places as you become wrapped up in her world. You are on an emotional roller-coaster from start to finish; there are times when you laugh, times when you cry and times when those tears are actually of tears of joy.

I gave this book 5 stars. I believe it truly deserves it and I just wish I could unread it and read it all over again!

For more of my reviews, check out [...]
on 1 November 2013
Sometimes in life, there is a love between two people so strong that it won't let you forget and let you travel on separate paths to continue with the lives you've created for yourselves no matter how deep the hurt, or how many people will be affected by a romance rekindled and remembered. Or even with the threat of sordid facts re-surfacing to reveal the many secrets and lies that are bound to come out, which were keeping them apart in the first place. It was simply meant to be and written in the stars, when fate threw them together again after eight long years of no sight nor sound and it floods the memories with both good ones and bad, from present day back to the summer of 2005 at a campsite in France where they met and fell in love as teenagers and had planned to be a couple forever and a day. But then circumstances changed and it was all over in the blink of an eye and buried deep within, when honesty is withheld from a loved one through shame and sorrow. And how long can Emma deny her feelings while Guy is not allowed to vent the emotion which he so badly wants to show the woman he passionately loves, just how much he cares for not only her but the child she has since she comes as a ready-made family package these days even though they are both involved with others just to complicate matters further? So many questions are raised within this brilliantly told story, as in, who is the father of her son? What broke them up in the first place? And lastly, can they repair their broken relationship and put it back the way it was? The biggest question of all for me personally was, how come I've not read a Mandy Baggot novel before this one because I was absolutely captivated by the charming characters and the wonderful easy going flow of the intriguing story-line, which seamlessly alternated between present day and 2005 and cleverly spelt out what this young pair went through along with the surprises and shocks in store for them both. It was so well described that you were right there with them and rooting for them to cross the finish line on solid ground. I would highly recommend this fantastic book to others who want a great story to sink your teeth into and a great setting all bought to the page by clearly a great imaginative writer, so I shall be reading more from this talented author in the very near future.
on 20 December 2013
Do You Remember? is a wonderful romace story. 16 year old Emma is holidaying in France with her father after the death of her mother. There she meets, and falls head over heels in love with Guy, a French boy with dreams of becoming the next big footballer, and escaping a life of misery with an alcoholic mother, and rescuing his newborn baby brother. Guy and Emma make plans to run away together, and start a new life, but things crumble apart, and we are left wondering - what did happen in 2005?

Flash forward 8 years, and Emma is now a teacher, with a young son, Dominic. Life is comfortable, and although she never forgets Guy, she is living a nice life. But all that changes when Guy is signed by the local football team, and destiny brings them back together.

I loved the way Do You Remember? jumps between 2005 and the present day. From the beginning of their blossoming teenage romance, we see their love grow, and then as adults we see the ways their love has affected their entire lives.

I was willing their relationship on, all the while desperate to know what had happened on that fateful day in the French campsite. And when the truth was revealed, I lapped it up! The twists and turns at the end of their story were incredible, and I loved them all!

A conversation about hunky footballers led Mandy to giving me this great gift, and I have to say, I am pretty clued up on my football knowledge (!!) and well done, Mandy! Not only did you create a rsther handsome footballer in Guy, I was also impressed with the just right amount of football knowledge sprinkled throughout the book - which was a heck of a lot more realistic to read than some books which just depict footballers splashing money left, right and centre!

Congratulations, Mandy, Do You Remember was an absolutely brilliant read. I'm now impatiantly waiting for the next one!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 July 2015
Another brilliant book by Mandy Baggot. I was hooked right from the start, and barely put my kindle down until I had completed reading this wonderful story. It was a very enjoyable read, and all I wanted to know was what happened between Emma and Guy in the past.

Eight years ago, Emma was on holiday on a campsite in France, while grieving for her recently deceased mother, she meets Guy Duval. They have an intense romance until he breaks her heart.

Fast forward Eight years, and Emma is an English teacher, mother to Dominic, and in a relationship with Chris. Guy however is now an international footballer and signs for Emma's local club. He also agrees to cut the ribbon in Emma's best fried Ally's new Health and Wellness centre. Within minutes they are clearly back in each other's thoughts and there is still a clear connection between them.

With the story told both in the present and the past, we are told of an intense love affair between Emma and Guy, but they are also both hiding things about what happened in France all those years ago. There are also chapters that focus on Guy's current life, and when some of the past catches up with him, you get a hint at what he is hiding.

With the scenes set on the campsite, I had a real sense of what the site was like, complete with facilites and despite not being a fan of camping, I would have loved to have been there myself.

I found Do You Remember to be a fabulous love story between two people who seemed clearly destined to be with each other. There are many ups and downs during the book, but one thing is for sure, I was enjoying every second of this.

I have now read two of Mandy's books within a few months, and still can't believe I hadn't truly discovered this author before this year, despite having some of her books on my kindle. I am greatly looking forward to catching up with the rest of her back catalogue, as if this is a good sample of her work, then I'm sure the rest are excellent stories too.