Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now flip flip flip Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

Customer reviews

The Blackest Beautiful
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 8 May 2014
"We're here to fulfill every one of your dreams, a small nominal fee, it only costs you your soul!!!!!!!" The opening lines to one of the best buys in a while. My taste in music tends to mean that the musicians are dead or in wheelchairs so I try and find new bands where I can and letlive. is turning out to be one of my favourite bands at the moment. From monumental opening track 'Banshee (Ghost Fame)' to the slow bass fade of the closer '27 Club' The Blackest Beautiful does not disappoint. Each and every track sticks out and carries it's own genius with it, 'Empty Elvis' holds a massive chorus 'White America's Beautiful Black Market' is so funky and bouncey that it could be a rap song, 'Virgin Dirt' carris the emotional weight equivalent of a whale and 'The Dope Beat' is just too much fun to jump around to and really lives up to it's name. I couldn't say that there is a weak track on this masterpiece, it's one of the albums that comes around every 5 years, albums like Songs For The Deaf (QOTSA) and The Eminem Show (Eminem) that are just stone cold classics that'll live within their genre forever and The Blackest Beautiful is no different. With every track featuring well crafted melody's and lyrics (with actual meaning) and the complex musical structures that always break into groove (bordering on funky) I really don't know what they are going to do for the next album, but whatever happens this is an album to give to your children.

Essential Tracks:
Banshee (Ghost Fame)
White America's Beautiful Black Market
Virgin Dirt
Younger
The Dope Beat
The Priest And Used Cars
on 27 January 2015
I have not had much time to listen to music lately :( but today i had the chance to listen again. I had forgotten all about Letlive, and i wonder why. The guy has passion, and is a genius. It's a mixture of screamo and singing and in this case it works. It doesn't always do the trick for me, but in this rare case it really works. Beautiful :)
on 20 January 2015
Great album by one of my favourite bands. A different sound to Fake History but I'm not pretentious enough to complain how they are bending to the masses or that they are 'evolving' - of course they are, that's what bands do. Some great tracks on here - Banshee, That Fear Fever, and Younger.
on 8 November 2014
just what I wanted
on 19 January 2015
Energetic, frantic, noisy and chaotic. These are all good things.
on 12 September 2013
Full of deep meanings and emotion Jason aalon Butler is on top form and conveys their energy and versatility live.
Personal highlights include Virgin dirt, pheremone cvlt and empty elvis
on 15 July 2013
I'm always one for that mix of beautiful and ugly. Lyrics that break your heart and melodies that warm it. No one I've found does it better than Letlive.
on 16 July 2013
continuing from the greatness of their previous album, Fake History this album does not disappoint. Buy this and satisfy your ears!
on 8 January 2014
As someone who had never listened to letlive. previously, I wasn't sure what to expect. Thankfully, this turned out to be a very rewarding listen, each song equally as engaging and vivid as the one before it. If there's one album you might have bypassed in the post-hardcore library which demands a listen, it's this one.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 July 2013
The whole album to me is just put together with perfection, absolutely love it! I heard the first song on YouTube a while back and it just stuck in my head for days. The whole album just summaries how undead rock really is :-D