on 3 June 2017
Great writer. With a background story which gives an interest which grows my knowledge of the people, careers, places and situations i know so little about, as well as the enjoyment of knowing how great relationships come together with the right people, under unusual situations.
on 4 November 2014
Really enjoyed this. Saw some iffy reviews and wasn't sure if it was for me. However bought it because I had read some other books by same author recently and it was great. I don't think that there was that much reference to diabetes with what there was being quite reasonable for someone who hadn't come across it before. Kept me guessing till the end although I did wonder at one point and then was thrown off again in another direction. Good book!
on 10 March 2017
Brilliant!!!
on 6 October 2017
Very good
VINE VOICEon 2 December 2011
This book was quite a surprise to me, I wasn't really sure what to expect and I've got to say I was really quite pleased. Cameran is a brilliant character, she is strong and determined, she knows her own mind and will do what she wants regardless of the risk to herself. The guys obviously find her quite attractive but I get the idea of her as being someone who has a good body and is pretty without being drop dead gorgeous, a more realistic woman.

Anderson has used this novel to raise awareness of diabetes by making this an illness that affects Cameran, however, she has been very clever in ensuring that it is something that affects her without defining her. As an illness that Cameran has been suffering with since her early teens she is obviously well versed in how to deal with it, at first I found Daniel's reaction to it to be REALLY annoying but the more I thought about it the more I accepted his response. A lot of the time when I was getting annoyed with him for asking about whether she'd had an injection or whether she'd eaten he then went on to have something planned so was really only checking that she'd be ok to take part in whatever he had planned.

This brings us nicely on to Daniel, obviously he's the male lead in the book so he's supposed to be a hottie, which he is, a hottie with attitude! At first he really annoyed me but as I got used to him I began to realise that he had real issues which were brought on by PTSD, I've got to give him credit that he actually realised this towards the end of the novel and wanted to do something to deal with it (notice how I actually think of him as a real person!?)

I also liked the fact that some of the chapters are told from the POV of the bad guy, and you never actually know who they are, this is so cleverly done as you're convinced it's one person and then you start to question yourself and then you go back to your original thoughts.

This was a very cleverly written book which shows great skill on the part of Toni Anderson.

Note: 15% of all royalties from this book are being donated to diabetes research
on 29 December 2011
I was lucky enough to get an advance reading copy of Edge of Survival. I'm a huge Toni Anderson fan and I believe this is her best yet. I can't tell you how much I loved this book.

Doctor Cameran Young, our heroine, is a biologist leading an environment impact assessment team in the northern Canadian bush. She's prepared for everything the area can throw at her, but finding a dead body wasn't the greatest start.

Helicopter pilot and former SAS Sergeant Daniel Fox, despite his best intentions, gets involved in the murder investigation and with Cameran.

Everything about this book, from the wonderful setting to the most minor character, is perfect. It's a fast-paced romantic suspense, exceptionally well-written, that will keep you hooked from first page to last.

I only wish I could give it more stars!
on 12 March 2014
I was really disappointed with this story. Please dont read this review as a few spoilers....

Firstly the diabetic aspect overplayed for me. Maybe as a diabetic myself I found his over protective checking up very very irritating. She's s diabetic, not disabled or dying!

Secondly, the fact he slept with her friend whether it was made to be 'understandable' or not was a big no no for me and early on therefore ruined the story for me.

I just didn't find this to be a very good story personally, as the irritations were just too much for me sorry.
on 2 December 2011
'Edge of Survival' is a romantic suspense based in the wilds of Canada. The heroine of the story is living with diabetes and the book explains the condition making the reader aware of the trials a sufferer has to go through just living day to day. It also shows how difficult and worrying it is for their loved ones. Toni Anderson is generously donating 15% of her book royalties to help find a cure for diabetes; so as well as enjoying a brilliant story you can feel good about helping a worthy cause.

The hero also has problems that he needs to address and I think the author does well to point out what our servicemen and women endure.

The book has a number of well-written and strong secondary characters with background stories all intertwined. If you love romantic suspense I am sure you will love this one!
on 12 August 2013
I really enjoyed this book? This is the 1st book I've read by this author and I'm going to see what else she has done??
on 9 January 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was fast moving but you don't lose track of the action and why it was happening. Locations well described to be pictured, but not overwhelmingly so. A very good, enjoyable story, I shall be watching out for more books by this author