on 25 December 2015
Bought to replace a 2 1/2 year old Samsung tab that was on its last legs.
A lot better than I was expecting to be honest , its smooth and responsive build quality is good and it has a nice bright display.
Charge time is fairly fast and gives around 3-5 hours use depending on factors such as brightness setting and the apps in use.
A couple of negatives are ,the single speaker is positioned at the rear of the unit in such a way that you have to be careful not to block it with your hand and on my unit the mini usb socket has a very tight fit requiring quite a tug on the plug to remove after charging which won't help cable life hopefully this will improve after a bit of use.
Worth mentioning that there is no rear camera on this model only a front one which is adequate for Skype etc,
all in all though for the 50 quid I paid new I don't think I would have found anything better.
on 16 November 2015
Brilliant and not to expensive very happy with the product does everything I need it too
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 11 September 2015
Excellent value tablet. For your average use, this tablet is excellent value and I don't think there is a thing I can mark it down for.

Nice sleek finish, feels nice in the hand. Easy to set up and I have noticed no lag whatsoever. The only time this tablet moaned was to tell me there was not enough storage left after my 6 year old had added around 300 apps (ok I exaggerate slightly there) but otherwise, no lagging during general operation, no shutting down, not slow to wake up from sleep mode and it generally copes with most functions pretty well. Needless to say, my 6 year old added a lot of games and some of them required over 100MB of space and were probably just as memory hungry too but never at all, did this tableet complain.

It has been dropped a few times too (by aforementioned 6 year old) and not only is there not a scratch on it but it has not affected operation in any way.

And as it may have become apparent to you by now, my 6 year old uses this on her own, adding apps willy nilly by herself (luckily I do not have a payment method on my google play account!) so she clearly has no problem finding her way around it. In fact, she even applied a lock code to it and had to show me where to unset this in the menu so user-friendliness is not an issue either.

For under a £100 I would not hesitate in recommending this to anyone. Upgrade to the 32GB one if you need more storage but this also has an expansion slot for a SD card so I personally do not see the point.
on 22 August 2014
Nice tablet user friendly and all in all a good buy for a light user. The only criticism would be the battery life but with a few adjustment to the backlight it's a bit longer lasting. The tablet arrived on time and very well packaged. I would thoroughly recommend this seller.
on 30 June 2014
Bought this to replace a faulty Samsung Galaxy and SO glad I did! Easy to set up, intuitive to use and the build quality is good. Highly recommended!
on 24 August 2015
Bargain! No reason to deduct a star for the price it is an excellent item I was actually expecting it to be a bit rubbish/basic but very pleased with it can watch my movies'sky go etc all apps I use work on it. Bought 2 for the house just as first tablets before buying an expensive one but won't be in a rush to replace them very happy.
on 30 August 2014
I bought this tablet for my teenage son and he loves it for watching films and buying/playing games. So yes well worth the money.
VINE VOICEon 21 October 2013
Style: Standard|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been hankering for a tablet for a while now and have looked, browsed and searched a variety of review sites to compare and contrast the various features and value for money. I was delighted when I saw the specs for this and already owning an Acer laptop, I thought I'd give this a go.
I was so excited when the box arrived on Saturday morning and couldn't wait to get it plugged in and charging before use. I am not the most patient of people so was counting down the minutes until it was time to play with my new toy! Setup was quick and very easy, being intuitive and simple to navigate. The screen is lovely, with a bright, clear display. Response time is quick and you get some nice apps pre-installed. Google's PlayStore is on there so you can add more lovely apps to fill up that 16gb onboard memory. There is a microSD slot to expand memory which I was delighted to find! You will also see a front facing camera for those who want to take selfies (lol) or skype but which wasn't of much interest to me.
This is a wonderful tablet, choc full of great features which belie its lower price range. I am delighted and will certainly be recommending highly!
VINE VOICEon 17 July 2014
Bought a reconditioned Iconia to use primarily as an mp3 player. However, being a tablet, it's really hard to use just as an mp3 player.
As a tablet it works really well. Screen is very smooth and touch responsive. It feels sturdy and using it is a breeze. Finding wi-fi connections, playing movies, all very easy. Have watched Netflix on it and very pleased with the screen and sound quality.

Works well as an mp 3 player too. PC recognised it quickly and using windows media was able to upload my favourite tunes onto it. The volume control is also more responsive than previous tablets I have had, so I can listen without getting deafened. Downloaded an mp 3 player from Playstore and away we go.

If I have a complaint it's the level of so called 'bloatware' it comes with. It comes with 16GB RAM and around 3GB of this is used by apps that I didn't ask for and probably won't use. These should be optional and easily removed if not desired. Unfortunately, neither is true. It seems I'm stuck with them as they can't be easily removed. Google trying to take over the virtual world. They are as bad as Microsoft.

Rant over. This is a very usable tablet and I would recommend it. Acer Iconia B1 7-inch Tablet PC 2013 Model (MTK Cortex A9 1.2GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB SSD, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Android 4.1) -White
on 9 January 2016
Absolute rubbish. After using Acer products, laptop etc, for many years with total satisfaction, I thought this would be the perfect replacement for my dying laptop. Mainly needed for reading and the odd e mail until I could replace my old laptop. Forget it. Takes ages to charge, uses the battery really fast, even when not using the actual tablet, and in reading mode there is no back light for night reading. The actual home screen is really poor colour, even after altering the settings. My previous Samsung was brilliant, this was a waste of money. I did contact the sellers who very kindly sent my complaint to the manufacturers. Acer did contact me with a "how do you like it" feed back survey. I told them exactly what the problems were and heard nothing. This is the first bad review I ever had to put, and the one star is not for Acer, but could not put any less or it would have been a minus. Just noticed they are no longer on sale on Amazon. I wonder why.....