on 14 April 2017
"Middle School - My Brother is a Big, Fat Liar" is the third book in the series. We've read them all and we are huge fans (both me and my daughter:)!! This time we learn a bit more about Rafe's sister: Georgia. She starts her Middle School and she's pretty excited about it - yes - that's right - she loves books, lessons and has no problem with making new friends. Unfortunately because of her brother behaviour everyone at school (teachers, kids) think she's just like him! As a matter of fact Rafe is a brother who ruined her life - she always loved school and now it's horrible.
She made decision about proving to everyone that they are wrong and this is where the real school story begins

I love the style of writing and the illustrations! This is the book that you read with one breath! You can't stop!
I think the book is suitable both for boys and girls (age 7+). My daughter finds it easy to read and really funny.
The Middle School books have a proper place on our bookshelf and I'm sure my daughter will read them all again:) The younger one is already watching illustrations and making her own stories:)
If I could I would give 10 stars to this book!
on 28 December 2014
This third book in the Middle School series is my least favourite so far, but is still a fun read that delves deeper into the Khatchadorian family's secrets. It's all about Rafe's younger sister, Georgia, and her first foray into the world of Hills Village Middle School which, as we know, isn't the best place for her family.

I really enjoy Rafe's narration in this series so switching to someone else was a bit jarring. I don't find Georgia as funny, though it's nice to see her representing the girls. She has a lot to cope with in this book, particularly when it comes to having a bad reputation as Rafe's troublemaker sister. Obviously she can look out for herself, but middle school can be a brutal place, as she soon finds out.

Although Georgia isn't my Khatchadorian sibling of choice, I did enjoy getting to know her better. Ultimate Showdown's sibling rivalry makes more sense now, and it's good to know why she's always felt like she's in Rafe's shadow. I don't think her voice has the same spark as Rafe's does, but she's still an interesting person to spend a book with.

My Brother Is a Big, Fat Liar didn't quite live up to my high expectations, but I think things will go back to normal when Rafe returns in the next book. The Khatchadorian family has captured my interest completely, and make Middle School a must-read series. They also make me glad I'm not in mandatory education anymore. Yikes!
on 22 June 2013
I chose to read this book because I have read more middle school books written by the world's best author James Patterson and they were brilliant so I expected this book to be awesome too. Guess what? It was epic and I wasn't surprised by the fact it was written just as funny as the others. I love how he writes in the word's of someone else's voice and of course it was epic again. I loved how this book was written in the word's of Georgia's voice and not rafes voice. I will definitely be reading more James Patterson in the future and I hope you will be reading this book to. I rate this/these books outstandingly amazing and that 9-16 years old s hi would read it. I can't wait for the next few books to come out so I can read them.
on 14 January 2014
A great little read,a story full of fun. You just have to keep reading, just to see what the next prank is going to be, as well as to see how the "war of the princesses", will end.
Am glad that Georgia and Raffe, get together again as the usual
Sparing partners in the terms of fun packed, always playing jokes on each other, brother and sister.
As always, James Patterson writes a great story, and although this one is for the younger generation, an older person can enjoy it too.
This is a good one for one of my grand kids to now read.
Well worth the pennies paid for it.
Go download it, and enjoy, good for the commute to work, and far more cheerful than the "Doom and Gloom"'of the newspapers!!
on 9 February 2016
My 10 year old son's absolutely love these books.

Having read the first three in the book series for christmas my boys asked for the nest
books in this series.
After looking in the book shops and other online book stores I found the
best prices were on amazon.

On par with wimpy kid and David Walliams. Always looking for more books to
encourage my children to keep reading.
They both read every night and these books make it fun rather than a chore.

Since reading on a regular basis both my son's have gone up 2 reading ages this
year at school. This is especially great for one of my twins who was diagnosed with
mild dyslexia in infant school.

Would definitely recommend to boys and girls, funny entertaining books.
on 18 October 2013
I wanted to donate a children's book to a school liberary, the aim was to encourage children to read. I knew this was James Patterson's aim in writing them. So decided his books would be just the thing. Reasonable priced. Short Chapters, easy to read. Action packed. My son the teacher at the school say the kids love it.
I have not read it my self, as it was a donation, I had it shipped straight to the school
on 1 September 2017
thid book is soo brocaliish iys ijs amazin like yahhhhh thu.mbs uo to this book u should like tots read it it is like ammzeblls like yqahhhh
on 18 December 2017
Though movies told me this is realistic. All in all BUT IT NOW since this... Is... Awesome like the rest of the series
on 7 November 2015
My son is obsessed with these books. Every time he gets a new one, he devours it in a day or two. I can't review the story as I've not read but he's super delighted with it so I'd say it's a good'un!
on 15 January 2018
My grandson has the whole collection of these books and loves them.