Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Ed Sheeran on Amazon Music Shop now Shop now

on 4 August 2013
This was not my normal kind of reading, but I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the foray into the emotional rollercoaster that is the life of these two damaged women, each influenced and haunted by their pasts. The interplay of their characters as they develop emotionally is quite fascinating and makes for a great read. I even shed a tear or two!
on 31 August 2014
This review is from: Staying True - A Contemporary Romance Novel (Kindle Edition)
Staying True - A Contemporary Romance Novel

I have now read nearly all of Suzie's books and have noticed how they have improved. This is my favourite book by far as I felt as though I could sit down with all the characters in this book and talk with them for hours. The character's are more three dimensional and I feel as though after reading the book, twice, that I know each of them personally and am pleased that they are part of my life.

This book like the others covers a main subject and then an undercurrent of others. Main subject is when you get married should it be for life in sickness and in health? One of the secondary subjects being Shawna who is transgender. I thought that the author had taken time to look into this subject and that it was explained in a very compassionate way. Of all the characters I would have spent hours talking to Shawna as some time I could relate to her. It must be very hard to come out and nail your flag to the mast.

As for Ruby's Grampa I used to have a Grandma from Canada who I used to escape to and we used to talk for hours. He I feel was the lynch pin to the whole book and I felt that the younger generation should listen to their grandparent's as they have seen it all before.

I loved Ruby and Nadia who at the beginning look as though they are poles apart, with the help of Shawna and Grampa can they be brought together to find true love.
on 25 February 2017
This is the second book I have read by this author. Truly exquisite writing. The raw emotion between these two women was delicious and I felt drawn to their love story. Not a straight forward love story, but when is it ever?
on 22 July 2013
An Author suggested this book so I brought it straight away. It's brilliant. Yes its a romance novel but its about friends and family as well.
If your looking for a book to touch your heart then I would recommend it. It has a good story line, takes a bit of getting use to as each chapter is about one of the characters, what they feel what they are doing, but once you get into you won't be able to put it down.
on 3 July 2013
My doesn't Suzie Carr toy with our emotions! I've gone through all emotions reading this. Hope, strength and love are the winning emotions. I will definitely read again. Highly recommended.
on 2 March 2015
Once again a lovely read, I would like to express in words about Suzie Carrs books but I don't think my words would do it real justice, so I just say read them and see.
on 6 September 2016
A lovely thought provoking story with a plethora of sweet natured characters. Well written, good use of grammar and a perfect ending.
on 22 February 2015
Mostly harmless and a little boring, but likable.