Customer reviews

on 21 October 2013
I love this watch, its easy to use and does evey thing I want it to do for my running and helps me to see when im improving.

I would like to say that while I've seen reviews stating the battery life is 15 hours, this i believe is only if you are constatly using it, if you are not using the functions constantly it lasts alot longer, I've only charged it once in about 2 weeks so far.

This is a must buy.
on 8 September 2013
Fabulous intuitive user interface for what is a very full featured gadget. I am off to the Fells tomorrow with walking routes loaded (via GPX) and can't wait!
on 13 September 2014
I don't write reviews but I felt I had to as this watch is so good.

When you first get the watch out of the box you will find its 50% charged already and it only takes 1-2 hours to fully charge it. You will also need to go to movescount and register so you can download the moveslink2 software that acts as the uploader for your data. You will also need to set the watch up which is fairly straight forward, just follow the instructions included. I would also recommend registering on Strava and linking it to movescount.

When you first put it on its really chunky and heavy on your wrist. However you soon forget it's there and just get on with what your doing.

Using the watch for the first time will appear complicated but it isn't. Take time to familiarise yourself with where everything is and you will find you pick it up quickly.

I have the heart rate monitor and also the garmin cadence sensor and both were easy to connect to the watch. When you start your exercise it will ask if you want to connect to each relevant item your using and then it will find the gps, after which your ready to hit the start button.

NOTE - when you finish your exercise and press the button it pauses everything, you have to then hit the stop button as well to end it, at which point it will ask if you want to save.

When you upload your data it can be a bit hit and miss getting the software to recognise that the watch is connected but persevere and it will recognise it.

IMPORTANT - don't delete your data from movescount unless you really don't want it there.

I cannot tell you how difficult it is to sort out putting data back onto movescount. Even if you delete your data from movescount it still remembers it but won't let you access it. So you have to edit your ride data and change the start time so that it appears to be a new ride and then you can upload it. This is so irritating because almost everything else about the watch is so good.

On that note the only other thing that doesn't fall into the so good category is the temperature monitor. It's somehow part of the barometer and therfore doesn't give accurate temperature readings. It's usually 10 degrees less than what the watch tells you it is. Why they bothered with this I don't know as it's next to useless. However that doesn't matter to much because I've never needed to know what the temperature was anyway.

So having said all of the above why is this watch so good. Simply put, data collection and interpretation. Between movescount and strava you will find the level of data you can review is mind blowing. Admittedly I'm a bit of a geek but I can't tell you how interesting I found the data. Seeing what I was doing and how I was performing helped me to change the way I exercised and improve my fitness. Additionally there are applications you can download from movescount to your watch that can help you get more data collection or help you train for specific events.

I also use strava which is good for gps mapping your runs and rides giving you data that you can compare against others or more importantly against your previous performances of the same routes. The data sharing from movescount to strava is great and it pulls through all the data you need to analyse your performance.

All this from a watch that looks good to wear and tells the time. I cannot say how genuinely impressed I am by this watch even with this niggles I've mentioned. If your serious about your training and excercise then this watch is the one for you.

Amusing anecdote - I finished a 2 hour ride really pleased with myself and uploaded the data from the watch. I then looked on strava to review my gps data and found I had been thoroughly beaten on a large part of my route by a huge number of riders going twice as fast as me. Slowly it dawned on me as I read their names that these were the tour de France riders. After which I didn't feel so bad.
on 1 September 2013
Simply the best sports watch out there.. All the training info you would ever need plus a stylish every day watch.
on 1 November 2013
I love this watch. Very fast and accurate. I use for my daily training and I could not live without it now. Good gps accuracy and the suunto website has very nice improvements that you can load into the watch. Best of its category.
on 26 August 2014
Bought this as a Christmas present in Dec 2013 and it's done a great job of regularly tracking cycling and (occasional) swimming.

Really pleased with this product as the recipient loves it.
on 4 February 2014
Amazing functionality and ease of use make this perfect for all people serious about their training. Great looking watch as well
on 21 July 2013
It work perfectly! I highly recommend this product!! The design, quality, features and the very high quality technology in a renowned brand!
on 23 December 2013
I love my Suunto Ambit 2 it really ticks all my boxes. I even wear it when I'm not training.
on 20 August 2013
Love this watch! Yes, it's big - but it's easy to use, accurate, and actually pretty nice looking. Best HR/GPS I've had!