Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tom Chaplin Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Verbatim 43811 25GB 6x BD-R SL Datalife Inkjet Printable - 25 Pack Spindle
Style: BD-R 25GB|Size: 25 Pack Spindle - Datalife|Change

on 18 June 2017
Arrived promptly, well packed well, and no coasters yet! Ideal for backing up large amounts of data.
Its always advisable to re-backup your data on fresh media after 6 -9 months, as all cd/dvd`s etc seem to degrade after about a year or so I`ve found.
Long storage in light proof cases is not recommended because of this, as I nearly found out to my cost! Periodic short exposure to daylight seems to help prolong data retention.Maybe something to do with the recording layer(s).
Slower recording rates (rather than full blast!) also help to record more reliably.
It may well depend on brand quality too, and I`ve always found Verbatim stuff to be good, but be warned!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 19 April 2011
Being someone who was one of the first people in the UK to buy a CD-writer (at considerable expense at the time), I have moved with technology as, but not necessarily as soon as, new products become available. It had taken some time for me to be convinced that I had a personal need for blu-ray but having had several packages that could not fit on a DVD or even a dual-layer DVD prompted the change. Curiously, there is little price differential between Blu-ray disks and dual layer DVDs and, in some instances, the latter is strangely the more expensive!

There are known compatability issues between some drives and certain media, hence the wild mixture of comments ranging between rubbish and excellent for either hardware or media, most of which can be attributed to a mismatch. Change the media and the drive becomes more relaible. Getting the information is not easy and can be costly if you get it wrong. LG drives are generally regarded as amongst the most forgiving.

As blu-ray media is relatively expensive, producing coasters (wasted disks) is something to be avoided when possible. Hence the need for B-RE rewritables. Although more expensive than the normal B-R, they can be re-used and cause no wastage in those situations where I have some doubt about the quality of content etc. Although it takes a little longer, I can then copy from B-RE to B-R once I know that the compilation was successful.

Found to be 100% reliable so far, some disks have so far been re-used about 20-25 times without a single problem yet. Therefore the product is fully recommended!

UPDATE @ 3/2012

Unlike some other Verbatim media that is reportedly sub-par or perhaps fakes, these are the real deal.
on 3 July 2014
I've used about half the box, and had no trouble at all writing and reading them with my Panasonic FreeView-HD recorders.

The top surface is completely empty, and can be written on with a Stabilo CD pen (I don't have an ink-jet).
on 24 September 2017
Having used these before they have proved to be reliable with good reproduction. So I stuck with them. However my lastest batch have disappointing. I have used 25 so far with 3 failures. First time this has happened on my Panasonic dvd recorder. It says "dirt or marks on disc" as the reason for failure. But it's not true. Make your own mind up. Not sure if I will purchase again? Could be a bad batch maybe?
on 7 April 2017
On my LG burner these disks unlock the highest possible burning speed (12X). (i have used other Verbatim and TDK blu rays in the past)The disks themselves on top are completely white ,no brand logo, no lines (in contrast to other Verbatim Blu rays) .So far i have burned 19/19 successfully (while system was multitasking ;speed 8X-10X). Best price/quality ratio in my opinion at the time this review is being written.
review image
on 27 September 2017
I use quite a lot of these for data backup and have never had a faulty disc. On videos I produce for students of their sessions again I have had no issues.

I totally recommend these
on 9 September 2017
4 out of 10 of the discs were unrecognisable by either the FreeView or the FreeSat Panasonic Blu-ray recorders in which they were inserted. Four coasters is not an acceptable outcome.
on 4 February 2012
This product arrived very quickly in appropriate packaging, and was chosen due to its competitive price.
The discs themselves provide no problems, which is perhaps the least and most that one should expect.
The amount of stuff that can be recorded on a single disc is huge compared to a dvd.
They do of course come in the standard god awful cd type jewel case type plastic boxes which is the laziest bit of design for a mass product that I can think of-it goes without saying one of the flimsy hinge pieces has broken off since i received the package.
on 21 August 2017
they work ok, not had a single coaster but they only detect as 1x speed in my pioneer bd-r. I found if i upgrade to newest version of nero 2017 they will detect as x6 speed.
on 27 July 2017
These work perfectly with my new LG 16x BDXL drive. I've only burned a couple of discs off to test the drive but have no problems so far with these discs.