Customer reviews

Price:£7.99

on 13 July 2013
Do you like Scorpions?
Do you like Children?

I don't particularly like either, but that didn't stop me buying it...

On its arrival, there was a sticker on it saying that this was a release for fans of "Graveyard, Rival Sons and Led Zeppelin"
I suppose it may be, but Graveyard are much more of a Lo-fi 70s proposition than this lot with a more 80s production job.
Rival Sons? Oh, heaven no, what an over rated bunch of up their own behinds retro furrow followers.
Led Zeppelin? You're avin' a Giraffe! What this reminds me of more than anything is KINGDOM KLONE, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

To me though it reminds me more of Tesla those Sacramento veterans which again is no bad thing.

The first couple of tracks really remind me of songs by other bands, but my fading memory can't place them and to me it isn't until "Antioch", "In the Arms of Ecstasy" and "Paradigm" that the band sound like Scorpion Child and not somebody else.

So, all in all not too shabby and despite a four star rating - I'd say I was being generous there - it's a cautious BUY. Depends on how much you like being reminded of other bands.
3 people found this helpful
on 16 June 2016
This is a awesome record. Great debut, these guys am gonna go far... If you like, DIO, Saxon, Sabbath, Volbeat, then you should love these.
on 8 July 2013
Put any negative reviews to the wayside - this is a brilliant debut album.

I read of Scorpion Child being mentioned in the same breath as Rival Sons and Graveyard, and being a big fan of those two, i wasn't disappointed with Scorpion Child in the least.

Every track is strong. If you love old school rock (be they new or old bands), these guys deserve your full attention.
on 9 July 2015
Led Zep style retro hard rock done well. Looking forward to seeing these guys with Crobot later this year
on 12 December 2015
Bought this after seeing them last month supporting crobot and cds hadn't been delivered to venue for their merch stall.
Did not disappoint.
Probably my favourite new band I've heard this year
on 18 November 2013
Love the debut album from a Scorpion Child. It has a fresh sound, but is firmly routed in a 70s vibe. In places very reminiscent of Led Zep and many other 70s rock bands. The songs have great hooks and energy - good honest rock. The singer is great and can do it live - saw them recently at the Queens Hall in Nuneaton.

We'll worth checking it out!
on 15 April 2015
really nice surprise
on 9 August 2016
Excellent good British rock A*******
on 10 May 2016
good album
on 23 April 2014
This band have a lot of potential and the album is excellent, Saw them live recently in a small venue and they were great.