1,285
Format: Blu-ray|Change
Price:£7.70+ £1.26 shipping

on 19 August 2014
I bought this on a recommendation from someone, not really sure I would enjoy it. I wasn't disappointed. A really worthwhile film which, although quite sad, had moments of humour and ultimately a reasonably happy and satisfying conclusion. It's one of those films i'd be quite happy to watch again.
on 24 April 2014
No complaints re delivery or the EX condition. I like Judi Dench and Steve Coogan was an ideal partner - no wonder it was amongst the Oscar recommendations. The story was exceptionally good and I wouldn't fault the acting. Yes, I thought it was a great film.
on 3 May 2014
I bought this dvd for my mum,for a present and she thinks it's brilliant! The actors give outstanding performances throughout and it tells a funny but sometimes heartbreaking story, which is based on actual events. It arrived on time and in excellent condition.
on 19 June 2014
Both the leads took as through this touching story with charm and delicacy of touch. Not, perhaps, as harrowing as The Magdalene Laundries, (a lighter touch all round), this is, still, one of those stories that had to be told.
on 19 May 2014
Beautifully acted. Staggering to learn just how much power the Catholic church had over ordinary people. Appalling things done and said to young naive women in the name of religion. Haunted by it because it really happened. An important film.
on 30 October 2014
I don't expect anyone to agree with me but I found the film patronising and contrived. I though Philomens was portrayed generally as thick and I found it offensive. I was very disappointed as my friends had said they thought the film was great. Perhaps I was having a bad day!
on 22 April 2014
Heart warming story of true life in ireland many years ago , having an irish background and heard stories from my aunts i was not surprised at his story , i thought it was an excellent film and have already reccommended it to several froiends .
on 17 June 2014
I watched this film with a couple of friends and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Judi Dench as always was wonderful to watch. I did feel the film was very similar to the Magdalene Sisters although not as much in depth.
on 7 March 2015
Love this film. Have recommended it to friends. I will watch it again. The acting superb but that is what one expects from a good cast.
Being a true story it was heart breaking as well as very funny.I dont want to comment further as it would spoil the enjoyment of the film.
on 21 July 2014
Superb Film, both actors were excellent and really took you along with the story so very well. A couple of unexpected bits and the humour was a bit bumpy, but overall excellent viewing, would recommend