on 1 November 2013
Don't buy if you expect it to be the Netflix series. Buy it if you want to hear Kerman's rather dull (by comparison) treatise on mandatory minimum sentencing. I couldn't get into this at all.
on 1 August 2014
An intelligent and heart- warming memoir about time spent within a penitentiary. The book raises many questions about the justice system and the rehabilitative effects of the prison system.
on 9 July 2014
I bought this book as I do not have netflix and liked the look of the series. I am sure the series won't be as good as this well written book. Thank you for sharing your story piper kerman.
on 30 March 2014
I massively enjoyed reading this book, although having watched the TV series before it was very different to how it's portrayed on TV. Makes you think differently about the prison system.
on 18 August 2014
Loved the TV show. This was very different, but still good. Pacy, interesting and sensitive. Tends a little towards the auto-hagiographical, but it's nonetheless a very interesting read.
on 25 June 2014
Started watching the show last week not knowing that it was based around fact. Having downloaded the sample yesterday, i'm hooked - easy read with good details i can't wait to finish.
on 31 October 2015
Such a great read, really interesting to see the links between the show and the book. I found it so warming, all the ladies' stories, I think Piper Kerman is something really special.
on 18 May 2015
So much better than the Netflix series! Though watching that and reading this book was very enjoyable. If you love the tv series you need to read this! Wish there was more to read!
on 18 May 2015
Having been watching the tv series on Netflix, I decided to read the book too. It was fascinating to read about the real experiences of the author while in prison. I'd recommend it
on 17 November 2013
I am struggling to get into this one, but I am perservering. I think I'm waiting for something more to happen? maybe it wont? I think I perhaps expected more? But I'll keep going.