on 5 June 2017
To be totally honest, I bought this purely for the extended cut of the film so I can't review the 3D version because I've never watched it.
But speaking of the extended cut all I can say is; This is how this film was meant to be seen, it's still not perfect but it is definitely superior to the theatrical version. More action, more blood, more swearing, but most importantly, more character building. The story is pretty much the same but a few elements are explored a little more that help the pacing and help you get a little more invested.

If I had to rate them, I'd give the theatrical cut 6/10, the unleashed cut gets 8/10.

The set includes the theatrical version in 2D & 3D. The extended cut is only in 2D.
Thankfully all three versions have their own disk, meaning there are no side effects on picture or audio quality from over-compressing 3 films onto 1 disk
highly recommend this set to x-men/action film fans
on 16 January 2016
I'm a massive Marvel/super hero fan but not really that big a fan of Wolverine.Despite his back story that I've seen in comic,cartoon and film form now(maybe the problem is over exposure?)I find him one of the least interesting characters of the Marvelverse.Having said that I'll watch any Marvel film that comes out and there's no denying that Hugh Jackman was born to play the role.Marvel films tend to fall into four categories for me.Excellent(Avengers Assemble,Guardians Of The Galaxy,Iron Man),Great(most of the X-Men films,Spider Man,Thor),Okay(Incredible Hulk,Daredevil,Fantastic Four) and Oh Dear(Hulk,Elektra,Ghost Rider).Then The Wolverine was released and didn't fit into any of my boxes.It has a different vibe to the usual super hero film,which whether good or bad still feel like your'e watching a comic book explode into life.This time round,Wolverine's mood/state of mind,the setting(Japan) and the general absence of super beings fighting for screen time are what gives it more of a noir-ish/thriller feel,also making It much better than X-Men Origins:Wolverine(which was 'okay',just!).My only gripe?The main villain was a bit of a let down.But it was still a Wolverine film and i did enjoy it.But please.No more now.There are another billion characters out there!
VINE VOICEon 14 January 2018
This is a great Wolverine stand alone film, much better than the woeful Xmen Origins film. This time the script is much improved and the action is also a lot better. You also don’t have to suffer the inclusion of that rapper come Voice-host idiot and a Deadpool that holds no relation to the actual Deadpool. Jackman’s Wolverine takes on a much tougher foe, set in Japan between the feuding Yakuza, Wolverine’s past comes back to haunt him. Featuring some great Japanese talent and of course another great performance from Jackman this is a great film that is definitely the stand alone that Wolverine deserved.
on 1 March 2017
For anyone who enjoyed the Wolverine but hasn't seen the Extended edition cut of this film or the "UNLEASHED EXTENDED EDITION" as they call it, or anyone who hasnt seen the theatrical relese altogether please do yourself a favour and grab a copy of this, you won't be disappointed. There isn't hours of extra footage like say The Lord of the Rings extended editions however in my opinion I feel like this version adds so much more weight to the film and helps to flesh of some scenes and characters. If you were one of those people *SPOILER ALERT* who wasn't happy because Wolverine doesn't really fight any of the ninjas like in the comics, you will hopefully be happy with this cut, I won't spoil it too much for you. There are a few other scenes like this one as well that make you wonder why in God's holy name did they cut this from the movie.

There is also an alternative ending to this film that would have been far more entertaining and a really nice nod to the comics if they had used it instead of the rather boring one they ended up sticking with.

I thoroughly enjoyed this cut of the movie, give it a try and I'm 99% confident you will feel the same
on 16 May 2017
Enjoyable movie; not my favourite but still fun to watch the wolverine character. As for the "extended" segments there really isn't much there. There's definitely some extra stuff but unless you're a big fan and have watched the vanilla cut beforehand it's hard to notice the extra scenes
on 20 August 2015
I was a fan of Wolverine since long before Hugh Jackman took on the role but he is something of an added bonus. This was always going to be a winner for me. The Wolverine could not have been cast better. Not too many dodgy special effects, a nice, human storyline and not too much Hollywood schmaltz. This had the potential to be a really bad spin-off but we were pleasantly surprised.
on 28 August 2015
My 12 year old son & my husband loved it, fantasy violence I did not hear it but there is meant to be a bad word but then I did not sit and watch this all the way through. As a Mum I thought 'too much fighting' and not like the other x-men films where there is some fantasy violence where they all use their powers, but this seemed over the top fighting of everything that seemed to appear.. but again it was probably that I dislike violence and surprised this did such a jump. I certainly would not show this to anyone below 12.
on 8 March 2016
arrived two days after I ordered with another order which was fabulous service. I missed this on TV recently and never actually seen it in full as it looked good with story as hugh jackman suits wolverine. of course it's prefer in blu ray with high definition picture and there are no interruptions from too many adverts which are distracting.
on 27 January 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I am a massive Marvel fan and did enjoy the original X-Men trilogy (and to an extent even Origins: Wolverine) however this instalment is so different and fresh that I'd go as far as to say it is the best of the series so far.

Unlike the others it doesn't have a massive emphasis on the mutants and the whole war with humanity, but instead nicely tells the story of how Wolverine deals with the events of X-Men: The Last Stand. I enjoyed his character development throughout and loved the way they tied this into the upcoming Days of Future Past.

I only gave this a 4/5 because as much as I enjoyed the story I do think that some parts of the film tended to be a little too slow.

I would highly recommend this to X-Men and comic book fans alike.
on 29 October 2009
I liked the X-Men films and thought Hugh Jackman did a very good job as Wolverine so looked forward to his own vehicle.
The opening 10 mins showing the boy James Logan and his brother was interesting but the plot was all a bit tired. After fighting through the ages (Civil, WWI, WWII and Vietnam) James and his brother Victor join a 'special unit'. The unit oversteps the mark and Logan quits. Cue lovey bit until he's found and dragged into the Weapon-X program.
The plot is all a bit cliched but my major gripe, similar to the animated Hulk vs series, is the fight scenes. There are a few CGI moments which would be acceptable in a lesser budget movie (think Daredevil... which I quite liked) but should have been picked up during an edit but, worse than that, is the indestructability of Wolverine, Weapon XI and, to some degree, Sabretooth. I know it's one of Wolverine's powers but it was done pretty well in the X-Men movies. Here there just seems no danger. They're sliced, diced, shot, crushed, smashed etc and simply 'recover' to be repeated.
The love interest keeps reminding Wolverine he's a human not an animal so, at some point, you know he's going to go feral... which just seems as if he snarls a bit and then resorts to smashing, slicing and crushing again.
If you like brutal action over plot you'll like this more than I did.