on 3 July 2015
If you want to get beyond the basics of spinning into having control of your fibre and the yarn you produce, this is a brilliant book. There are good clear explanations and even if you are an experienced spinner who knows this stuff, this is a really good book for reminding yourself of things before you start a new project. A great book for any spinner's library
on 31 May 2011
This book shows you, with photos, the different results of doing different things with your spinning. For instance single ply, two ply, finishing and not finishing. It helps you understand what makes the difference when you spin. It is wheel based spinning but tells you a lot about the wools themselves and there is only one chapter about working with your wheel. Having only started spinning 3 months ago all the information is still sinking in. It is useful for extending yourself from the basics.
on 25 February 2014
Great book with tons of beautiful photos and excellent spinning advice which is given in both photographic and written form. Lots of troubleshooting tips and knowledge here. I downloaded it straight to my mac to make the best use of the format - glorious! Totally recommended as it is helpful both for beginners and for people who want to extend their skills into art yarn.
on 4 January 2012
This book has everything a spinner needs to spin better yarns from preparing the yarn to spinning enough yarn for any project. I have found it a constant companion to my recent spin times. I would give this book to anyone starting to spin for the first time whether by spindle or wheel.
on 6 July 2014
really good book, brilliant for the beginner has lots of help and advice
on 5 August 2016
Great for beginners and seasoned spinners alike.

I am an experienced spinner and yet I still learnt a lot from this book, particularly about some of the more technical elements such as the mathematics of balancing yarn and 3-4 plying. I loved the fact that there were diagrams and pictures alongside the text because this made it easier to visualise what to do when sitting at my wheel and practicing the techniques.

I read it from cover to cover, which I rarely do with this kind of craft book and I will definitely be dipping into it often in the future to refresh my memory of the numerous techniques while I am spinning.

A fantastic book and highly recommended to take your basic knowledge of spinning up to the next level.
on 17 February 2010
Bought this for a friend, but have had to borrow it myself, its packed with useful information that allows for many different textures in spinning, very nice to read and I found it very easy to follow. Highly recommended if you want to produce different textures and styles without spending a fortune on accessories. It may not be for the beginner, although if you love spinning you will grow into the book, but there is something for everyone no matter what the level.
on 13 April 2010
This book is so full of information, and answers so many of the questions I had. I am new to spinning, and this book explains all the technicalities and vagaries you hear when you're trying to learn from the internet and other books.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to improve their spinning technique.
on 15 February 2010
This book would be great for the new spinner who hadn't read much about the craft. Nice photos and some interesting novelty yarns to try.