on 30 January 2009
This is a fabulous book, written by a knitter for knitters. It's beautifully put together and is really good quality, quite aside from the gorgeous patterns. The photos are brill, you can see all the designs nice & clearly and there are lots of close-ups of the little details. The patterns are clear & well-written with good explanations that show how the designs are made up, making it easy to follow for the beginner and which allows the more experienced knitter to adapt patterns to suit. There is a good range of designs from the classic to a more contemporary look and there's a bit of crochet thrown in for good measure. The addition of some charming anecdotes from the author mean this is a lovely book to browse through for inspiration, or just to flick through with a cup of tea for a quick knitting 'fix'.
on 25 May 2009
If you ever wanted to knit a garment but have a horror of sewing seams and knitting yards of boring ribbed edgings, this book is for you. From the first amazingly simple 'provisional cast on' to the finishing touches, this book turns conventional knitting on its head and for me at least, transforms the construction of a garment into something beautifully logical and labour saving. Following one of the patterns, I'm transforming some very fine mohair into a wisp of well-fitting femininity for one of my Daughters and finding it genuine fun. There are hints for substitute yarns - so often overlooked - and I too will be knitting most of the patterns in the book.
on 16 February 2009
This is an excellent book in many ways. One, the patterns are feminine, classy and infinitely wearable. Two, it's not a case of a few nice patterns padded out by filler...These patterns are all keepers. I fully intend to knit 99% of the patterns in this book. Three, all the pattern sections have design explanations and give insights that inform and develop your knitting.
In brief, I adore everything about this book.
VINE VOICEon 11 February 2009
A wonderful book with accurate patterns, clear instructions and the most beautiful designs. A must have for your bookshelf for any keen knitter. Kristeen's style is friendly, warm and chatty, the stories about her patterns and inspiration are every bit as inviting as the designs themselves.

I've made Wrenna (a chunky leather laced cardigan), have started Louisa (a tunic top with the most gorgeous lacy pattern) and plan to make several other of the designs over the next few months. Wrenna was such a quick knit, literally a few evenings, and so, so easy to make, no seaming or fiddly bits. The top down knitting makes life much easier.

In short, if you love to knit, buy this book!
on 9 April 2009
I knew pretty much what to expect, having looked at links from the Interveawe knits website. Even though I like to design and knit my own patterns most of the time, I felt that there was so much beauty in these patterns that I wanted it on my shelf to admire at will. The technique section for seamless construction (which is the whole basis of this book) is inspiring and very informative. Anyone who likes elegant and beautiful garments and wants to learn how to avoid joins/seams should consider buying this. I cannot say if the yarns are easily available in the UK, so remind anyone that they should be confident in how to find subs if they intend to follow the patterns themselves.
on 12 February 2009
Having seen some of Kristen's designs before and knowing they were my sort of style, I was very keen to get a copy of this book and it certainly didn't disappoint. Often knitting books have maybe one or two designs in that I may consider making but this one has one or two that I may consider not making - each pattern just made me go 'Oh I must make that one next!' There are lots of designs using available yarns from Rowan or ones that it is easy to find alternatives for. There are also interesting design ideas using different forms of construction such as top down raglans and using circular needles so less sewing up is needed. Definitely a book I'd have no hesitation in recommending.
on 1 July 2009
This is a fantastic idea and a fantastic book. I have always felt that a perfectly knitted or crocheted garment can be spoiled by bad sewing up so I have preferred to crochet because it was possible to make a garment with less or no stitching at all. This book has made it possible to knit beautiful garments without the need for stitching or with less stitching. I have always loved knitting in the round and using circular needles and these patterns are ideal. The book is very clear and explains the techniques very well so that you can learn and adapt other patterns as well as giving you some fantastic patterns. Sleeves without a seam, fantastic and knitting from the top down means you can easily adapt the size and length of a garment with ease, what more could you ask for except, of course, more time to knit! I love it!
on 17 June 2009
This is a lovely book, with clear explanations of the construction techniques used. What's more, there are plenty patterns that I will actually make. In fact I made Wrenna the weekend that I got the book - it took 3 days and I love it! Louisa is next. The patterns are well written and in a reasonable range of sizes. One that I will comeback to over and over.
on 21 January 2010
This book was disappointing, the title conjured up a vision of fashionable, up to date wearable knits similar to those which used to feature in Elle magazine years ago. Instead the designs are very classic, and the whole point of the book is the seamless patterning, so it is aimed at those used to knitting in the round.If you happen not to like knitting on round or multiple needles, this is not for you. The only design I found attractive is the cardigan on the cover, otherwise better versions of the patterns inside can be discovered elsewhere. So don't buy this unless you really like your round or multiple pins!
VINE VOICEon 17 November 2009
I was so looking forward to this book but I think my grave error was not knowing enough about the author's style beforehand. There isn't one project in the book I'd make, because they're all of a floaty, hippie, vaguely mysterious type of clothing. It's a pity that the author didn't see fit to include something that didn't have acres of lacework in it, but if that's what got her the book deal, fair do. If you're thinking of getting this, make sure you check out what sort of patterns she's done before, so you can get an idea of what sort of things are going to be in the book.
A really misleading title - not one of these projects looks like they'd be worn by a French woman or, indeed, girl. Disappointing.