Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£9.99

on 17 August 2017
I wrote a review years ago for the original release of Basia - Time and Tide so I won't detract from that. All I will say is that I'm so glad that I bought this updated version! As other reviewers have commented it's a fantastic opportunity to have a perfectly produced album plus the remixes and rare never heard before tracks from Poland's finest talent. I don't think I play the original cd anymore!
on 15 June 2013
Basia Trzetrzelewska's (and it's pronounced BASHIA by the way) first album finally gets the full support of Cherry Pop's re-release might behind it. I have known and loved this album since its initial release, having been hooked on Prime Time TV, recognising the obvious similarities with her previous cohorts Matt Bianco. No though, Basia's clear vocals were given centre stage and the results were fantastic.
Because I had this album so long, it constantly surprises me of how little well known Basia is, but what I hadn't realised was just how poorly the album and singles performed in the UK. However, no matter, the album itself is pure brilliance, with the singles Promises, Run for Cover, New Day and the aforementioned Prime Time TV shining brightly.
Of the Deluxe Edition quality, it is good to see that Cherry Pop have been listening to the punters, and are including those 7" Versions missing from previous releases. I for one cherish these, especially where distinctive mixes or edits are available. The sound quality of this release is excellent, using the original masters it appears, with not a single needle drop in place.
My only disappointment is in the running order of the second disc, which in keeping with current trend runs no less than 5 mixes of Promises one after the other. Now for the iPod generation this is no necessarily a problem as most generally have the stuff on random, but for myself it is slightly irksome to have to skip around.
on 11 June 2013
very good remastered CD, it sounds very well! Cherry Pop does a very good work! Hope they'll do the same thing for her second album...
on 24 June 2013
Basia's first and one of the best albums I have ever heard. The new deluxe version includes rare B-side and unrealesed versions of her songs. And the detailed information in the book. A treasure for her devoted fans (there are a lot of tchem around the world!). Waiting for her new album - to be released later this year. Best is yet to come!
on 11 September 2013
Echo everything said on the other reviews, great audio quality across the board and an exhaustive list of B sides and Remixes. The only disappointment is that I didn't catch this album first time round!
Well done to cherry pop for putting together a first rate package. (Maybe we should show this excellent example of an expanded version to the Tabu label who have done a bloody awful packaging job with their releases - but that's a different Story!)
on 20 January 2015
She has a great voice and I bought the cassette first time around and loved it.
I deducted a star because I didn't like the house mixes and dubs on the second CD of extras, let's face it anybody or most people can do this computer-generated nonsense.
I think the studio cat had a paw in this, all it had to do was press the OK button.
Anyway the rest is great!
on 11 August 2013
Lovely album from a great singer. Parts of it reminds me of Matt Bianco, but she used to sing in that group.
This is quality music, still as good today as in 1986.

Buy it!