on 25 October 2013
This is the best book I have read about entrepreneurship. So, if you wish that you could make a living doing what you are passionate about, or you are already doing what you love, but you just can’t seem to earn as much money as you hoped then this is the book you need.

Some books are just a good read, and others tip your perspective of the world onto a new and different angle. The magic of this book is that it does both. Not only the ideas, but also the fantastic illustrations give you one after another “eureka” moment, as you read the book. Thoughts that you already had tumbling around in the back of your head come together and suddenly Daniel Priestley’s well-sculpted words make so much sense.

This book is jargon-free, it uses familiar and often British examples of success and it is easy to read but never patronising. It is so full of ideas, that having devoured it cover to cover, ridiculously, I couldn’t wait to start back at the beginning again to make sure I hadn’t missed anything. And I am already reading it for the second time. I loved it so much that I have already bought it as a gift for a friend who I know will love it too.

So if you haven’t read this book yet, I promise you that you will pick it up and wonder why not. I can’t recommend it highly enough – it is absolutely brilliant. Thank you Daniel Priestley!
on 2 February 2017
cant wait to read it. Looks good
on 9 November 2015
I am an avid reader of business books as I have seen how they can change your course. So I was delighted to come across this book. What I loved most about it, is the very practical steps you can take RIGHT NOW to make a difference in your business.
The book covers some very important basics as well, that it is easy to think you've got right. Daniel really encourages you to get these foundation basics right, from the beginning. And it doesn't take long to read at all!
I have already started making a list of the topics I can write about, and have set a goal of when, how many and where to publish them. I am also starting a blog. Basics we all should know and be doing - but don't know how important until somebody like Daniel puts it into perspective.
If you are starting a business now, or want to make the leap from a job to your own business, this book is for you - read it urgently!
on 20 November 2013
An inspiring and practical read. I listened to most of this audiobook during a twelve-hour drive from Harare, Zimbabwe to Blantyre, Malawi.

My notes:

Daniel Priestley talks about how we all have an empire building brain, however, the empire brain can be shut down if the lower parts of the brain (reptile or monkey) are over stimulated. The reptile sees resources as very scarce so it's extremely selfish, guarded and doesn't want to share; it only sees what is there; it's very low in imagination. The monkey is good at repetitive work but is very easily distracted. The empire builder is empathic, creative, strategic, resourceful.

As one of his 10 challenges, he recommends walking around with GBP1,000 in cash at all times to adjust your views on what is a lot of money, to learn a degree of self-control and I suppose to discover other fears and emotions that go with carrying what most of us would consider to be a fairly hefty, even unsafe, amount of cash.

Take two people you want to get to know better out to lunch every week.

Cut news out. Keep a journal.

Always have 5 people on your team:
1. A visionary
2. A sales person
3. A graphics person
4. A Swiss Army knife (i.e. a jack of all trades)
5. A mentor

Lean in! i.e. go for it, network aggressively, seek opportunities, visualise and believe in the vision!

Formula for success: luck, reputation and vitality

Ascending Transaction Model - ATM:
- Gifts
- Products for prospects
- Core products
- Logical next steps (charge a few thousand for these)

7 Maxims
1. You get what you pitch for and you are always pitching
2. Influence comes from output NOT confidence
3. Income follows assets (this has been ringing in my head almost daily since I read the book)
4. Get known by the success of your clients
5. You're in partnership with everyone that touches your business
6. Ideas are worthless - implementation is everything
7. Being imaginative is NOT being creative

I recommend you read this book for practical steps that will push your vision/business forward. A must read.
22 Comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2015
This book is aimed at corporate ladder climbing types who love Ted talks and apps that make them feel more "productive", you know who I'm talking about. For actual Entrepreneurs who want something practical it isn't that great. Spends too much time repeating basic ideas. Towards the end of the book there is a good section on how to construct your product line which I learned from. Arguably that would be enough to say it's a 4/5 start book for some people.

However, there is also a section at the back of the book where the author offers free tickets to his speaking events to anyone who gives his book a review on amazon. Now I didn't say they had to give it a glowing review, just any review. But I think incentivising people to review your book with freebies is going to lead to more positive reviews because if you're looking to go to his events you're more likely to give him a good review or turn a 4* opinion into a 5* one before you take a screenshot of it to send him. Maybe I'm wrong but I felt like this was a cheap way for the author to boost the rating for his book on Amazon and given the average content and filler I think I'm right.
44 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 August 2017
I really enjoyed reading Daniel Priestley's book "The Entrepreneur Revolution" - I highly recommend it (and his other books, especially "24 assets"). He is right that there has never been a better time to be an entrepreneur - the web and cloud computing puts a wealth of resources and markets at our disposal. Every day, I wake up excited by what I and others are creating, and the opportunities out there :)
on 29 May 2017
I've read a fair few books in this area now - mixture of business, smart thinking, personal development - and I think I've taken more notes from this than any other. There are plentry of solid techniques worked through logically that would be valuable to any business and entrepreneur, but the book is about more than just commerce. Interspersed throughout are philosophies on how we should change our ways of thinking and working in order to thrive in a changing world. Tied together with the author's personal stories, it's a book I will read and learn from again.
on 21 August 2017
Still haven't found the secret recipe. Nevertheless, this is a must read for aspiring entrepreneurs.
on 20 January 2017
As someone new to the entrepreneur game: life-changing inspiration and insight for £10, can't ask for more than that! Some seriously outside the box ideas and some brilliant 'that's so obvious, why didn't I know that already' advice. Now just to convince Daniel to mentor me...
on 18 June 2015
This book has the potential to be life changing to anyone who's about to make the transition from oppressed industrial revolution slave to empowered entrepreneur. I read this book incessantly and had finished it in 3 days.

It's essentially a self help book that trains your mind to think and use the same successful mindset the likes of Richard Branson seem to have tapped into naturally. We are all capable of being successful, progressive entrepreneurs. There's nothing anatomically different between you and Donald Trump, Richard Branson or Duncan Bannatyne as an example and with the advent of global communication and information technology at our fingertips in our homes, it's a real possibility to be successful now more than ever before.

Being successful is not easy and requires hard work, dedication and perseverance and even then it is not guaranteed because quite simply you need a certain amount of luck too and I was very impressed to hear the author mention this.

But if you're brave enough to give it a try you have a much higher chance of being successful if you have your mindset in a certain non-limiting way and this book will definitely help you with that.

I feel as though this book can lead you into a false sense of security by making you feel like you can just get up and become an overnight success without being realistic enough about real world obstacles. The book does nothing to address things like this which is why it loses a star for me.

Of course another way to interpret that is the sheer brilliance of the author at being able to develop your own self belief and subsequently your "entrepreneurial mindset" which is what the book is about - It doesn't give you any real practical advice on how to embark on the revolution.

I feel as though the book teaches you pretty much everything in the first half of the book and from this point onwards it gets a little bit samey and repetitive. It's a bit like a long, positive thinking pep talk seminar in the form of a book and if you've ever worked for an American company you'll know exactly what I mean.

In conclusion, I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is considering starting out as an entrepreneur there's no doubt about it - this book will arm you with a good empirical building mindset but that's all it really does and only very vaguely touches on more practical things. It could have achieved this goal in a lot fewer pages. Mindset is only a small part of being an entrepreneur, you will need to read more books to equip and arm yourself for success.
This is why I say it is 'Potentially' life changing because if read in conjunction with other material you would have a real chance of becoming successful as an entrepreneur.