VINE VOICEon 8 March 2017
Definitely in my Top 5 Oldfield albums, and certainly in my all time top 15.
This was released in 1982. It was preceded by Q.E.2 (home of Taurus 1) and followed by Crises (home of Taurus 3).
I remember buying the vinyl lp in 1982 and have always loved it.
Side 1 is taken up with Taurus 2. This is more rock, more Celtic, more folk. It even has a song hidden away (if you have the vinyl, have you found the lyrics on the page cover). It's a mammoth track yet it flows from one style to another superbly well. It comes in at 24.49 minutes.
2. Family Man was a hit single. It is one of the few times Mike has been covered. Hall & Oates did a cover of it and had a hit to. A great pop song.
3. Orabidoo was one of my least favourite tunes. However, over the years it has grown on me. It is now one of my favourite Oldfield moments. Duration 13 minutes.
4. Mount Teidi is an upbeat instrumental.
5. Five Miles Out, for me, Mike's best "song" ever. This studio version is superior to any live version. It is rock in flavour and tells the true story of a near miss in a storm whilst travelling by plane.

The Mike Oldfield Group are:
Maggie Reilly, vocals. Morris Pert, percussion and keyboards. Tim Cross, keyboards. Rick Fenn, guitars.
with help from Paddy Moloney, Mike Frye, Carl Palmer and Graham Broad.
Note 1:
I recently bought the Deluxe 3 disc version. I was slightly disappointed that the 5.1 Taurus 2 was an earlier version and not the original as on side 1 of the LP. Very similar, but different.
Note 2:
Taurus 2 is similar in sound to Taurus 1, but Taurus 3 (on Crises) is totally different to either and doesn't follow any similarities.
on 16 August 2017
Bought for the two tracks Family Man and Five Miles Out which are just brilliant and amazed my partner as she thought Hall and Oats wrote Family Man as many others do.

Hoped that with me ageing and sometimes mellowing the other tracks might appeal now but unfortunately not.

The other tracks I still find it boring and dreary, however if your into world music or mediattion / whalesong type stuff you will most likely enjoy. The issue is there is no consisteny / uniformity and the tracks just don't gel / work as a cohesive album in my opinion. Its like they were taken from a number of LP's over different years.
on 27 May 2017
Great multi CD / DVD set with clearer sounds with extra tracks that are hard to find .
on 19 June 2017
I purchased this as an MP3 download because it was so much cheaper then the CD, but as with all mp3 files, there is some loss of quality. I would really like it if I could buy downloads in FLAC format which is lossless. The album itself is excellent and I would have given it 5 stars if not for the format issue.
on 14 March 2017
Thank you from Russia. Fast shipping. Good recording quality.
on 13 October 2017
Just as good as I remembered from years ago, one of his to buy,
on 27 June 2017
Popular, Mike Oldfield.
on 9 August 2017
great
on 26 June 2017
very interesting set of discs I like them a lot
on 14 January 2016
Great album shame about damage to cover but right price