Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

Colour: White/Green|Style Name: Blend Active Only|Change

on 18 April 2015
At first I thought, for the money, this was amazing. Made a fruit smoothly every day for a month. However the plastic gears joining the blade to the engine have simply crumbled and it's now useless. Avoid.
on 18 November 2013
I was really looking forward to this being released and raved about it after three days of use. But now, after using it just 5 times a small piece of frozen fruit destroyed the spinning action of the blade. It's supposed to cut ice - even so I left the frozen fruit in liquid for a few minutes before blending them. This didn't work. The blade spins when the underneath plastic 'circle' attaches to the plastic circle on the motor part. In this case the flimsy plastic circle broke free from the blade and the machine span very fast without turning the blade. Smoke started leaking from the friction and the plastic melted a little. This machine seems good in every other way but the blade could surely have been attached to something other than plastic. It is not at all robust.

Oh, and the lid doesn't stay closed. It twists on but the flip up cap doesn't click into place it's very easy to tap it off in a bag.

The same thing has happened to the replacement. Strange how people say my review is unhelpful I wonder why... This is what has happened, twice, and I'm writing a review in order to help people make informed decisions. I wonder who these review haters work for :D
1212 comments| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 July 2016
I bought this in January and due to me having a disability I have only just used this item,
I used it once and it leaked, I thought because I have limited strength it may be me!
I got my daughter to use it and although it was on properly it once again leaked everywhere.

I am very disappointed as it states that once I had the product for 4 weeks there was no return or exchange!

Not what I expected from any reputable seller.

So due to no fault of my own I am stuck with a useless device and have no way to replace it.
on 28 July 2016
I bought this product nearly a year ago and it still works really well. I have had no real problems so far.

As advertised it is quite small so you can not fit a huge amount inside.

However it is great for on the go use. The blades are pretty powerful so putting frozen fruit, nuts and etc. into the blender bottle is no trouble. It is also very easy to clean after use.

Overall for the price it is a great blender to buy.
on 1 July 2016
This blender is a really great addition to my household. The purchase includes 2 perfect sized bottles which are great. They are the perfect size for a single portion and great to fit in a lot of fruit and veg. The bottle is great on the go and is great to take to work for an easy meal/snack. The product comes with an instruction manuel which is not needed as the product is so easy to use. Fill up the bottle,attach the blender,twist into blender and blend for a perfect drink. The blade is great at cutting up everything from nuts to bank and to spinach and is even strong enough to crush ice which makes a great cold thick drink. The product is easy to clean and even cleans in the dishwasher. The breville blender comes with a recipe book filled with great ideas for all needs including milkshakes,smoothes and juices. My favourite smoother is one I found online requires 1 and a half cups of Apple juice( I use squash as it is a lot lower in sugar and for those that don't know, I think squash is the equivalent to liquid look aid), 2 cups of chopped spinach leaves, 1 Apple which has been peeled,cored and chopped into quarters and half an avocado. Combine all of these in the Breville blender for 1 minute or until it is to the thickness you want. Add ice with the ingredients to thicken and cool or add more water for a more watery smoother. Overall these product is great for healthy drinking of all ages. The product can be used by all and enjoyed by all and as a result I highly recommend this product over most blenders as it is cheap and simple and is saving the washing up of the large blender units.
on 22 January 2016
We did some good checking around before buying this product, and decided that the reviews reporting faults were probably a bit overstated (people only review if they really like, or really hate a product right...?)

We were wrong.

We've used it for maybe a month, with no ice, and only cold fruit. Yesterday, the blender lost power, gave out a nasty burned-plastic smell and heated up around the base to the point that it was still warm to the touch an hour after use, even though it was unplugged. After letting it settle, we thought maybe it was just a once-off fault, but no, next day was the same thing. Poor show from Breville, who I'd always thought well of as a brand.

TL:DR, Fine machine, as long as you only want to use it for a few weeks before getting a new one.
on 8 January 2016
I bought this essentially due to its relatively cheap price compared to others on the market, good reviews and honestly great colour! What I didn't expect, is for it to perform like a blender that is much more expensive and high end, if not better.
To start off, it is exactly as described and looks true to picture. It is much smaller than you think, so it doesn't take up a lot of space at all. Ridiculously simple to use. The bottle fits easily on the blender and perfectly seals on the blade. It hasn't yet leaked once (something I commonly experienced with much more expensive products such as nutribullets and other blenders). It's not the biggest bottle but it's ideal for one smoothie/blend. There is always another bottle to use if you are making more than one!
You can add fruit/vegs/ingredients to the bottle (the blade handles nuts, ice, hard ingredients with no problem at all)
It is less noisy than other blenders I have used.
The bottle is very stylish to drink from and has not leaked once in my bag or when attached to my bike.
That was the main nightmare for me with more expensive blenders... the liquid would easily dry and gets stuck between the blade and at the bottom of the bottle, even when if not dry, the blade was too narrow to clean properly etc.. This Blender is a delight to clean! It takes me about 5 seconds with a quick splash of water and soap on the blade and it's back as new!

Finally, I have seen some comments about the motor quality. For this price, you're not going to buy a 100 KW engine... but one way to get around this if you're blending and wanna make sure the motor lasts, is to push the blending button intermittently. So don't press it and keep holding it down for a minute. It will exhaust the motor. Just push it for 5 seconds then stop, then maybe another 5-8 seconds and stop. Honestly, this Breville will blend anything in 10-15seconds, so it's not an inconvenience whatsoever!

Cannot recommend it enough!
on 15 April 2016
Well, I like, the only thing I don't like about it is the fact that I am using seeds sometimes in my smoothies (flax, chia, etc.) and some of them got stuck inside the cap between the rubber band and the plastic cap, and I cannot take them out of there and began to change the color. I am not really sure how can I clean it in there without damaging the rubber band. Other than this, I have no problem. It works well, fast, good with ice and frozen fruits. I even used it for soups. It does a good job.
on 14 February 2014
The machine Broke after 2 weeks. It Was great while it worked but then broke from blending fruit. Very dissapointing.
Brilliant item and it arrived with an extra bottle, which is very useful too.
I have only used this to blend fruit to make smoothies. I added a carrot and thought, "Oh, this is not going to chop a carrot" - well it did and in record time. I love this item and use it all the time, so much so that it now has a regular spot on the counter.

Very easy to use and to clean and it is easy to pack away as it is not as bulky as some other similar blenders.

Update 22/10/2015 * Still using this a year later, perfect item, really worth the money!
Still enjoying it 6/1/2016