Customer reviews

The Gloaming
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 February 2015
Stunning is the only word you could use to describe it.Some albums take you away to another place and this is one of them.Many of the songs are tinged with sadness but really beautiful to listen to.The album finished and I felt like I had come out of a trance.I dont really write reviews but felt It was right to comment if it encouraged more to buy and listen to this album.If you like celtic music you will love it but it transcends its genre.So glad I bought it.
on 4 February 2016
This is the most wonderful music! It makes me sad (and angry) that the commercial side of the music industry promotes all the usual suspects, yet such gems as this are neglected and passed over by too many. I don't have the words at my command to do justice to this truly great album. This is just beautiful music, beautifully played, performed, produced and recorded. Just buy it and listen to it. Give it your full attention. You will not regret it.
3 people found this helpful
on 17 March 2016
I am besotted with this album. It's so good to hear something new and progressive but with its roots in the familiar and traditional. Thank-you The Gloaming.
on 14 May 2016
I read a review in a free Irish newspaper picked up at Manchester airport. On the strength of that i bought the album, and on the strength of that I bought their other one.
on 27 May 2018
Lovely, just lovely. Old meets new and something magical happens.
on 24 June 2017
Celtic Mystique, once you play it you can;t stop.
on 29 August 2015
Simply beautiful. Soft relaxing and gentle. The Irish heritage comes across in a stunning and subtle way.a joy to listen to.
on 9 March 2018
Possibly an acquired taste, but I loved it. Their talent in undeniable.
on 8 May 2016
For me, The Gloaming stand out as the most exciting thing to happen to traditional Irish music in years.
Stretching the form while being true to the roots.
At times dreamy and others exhilarating.
Highly recommend setting them live if you get a chance!
on 25 September 2017
Amazing music, a must listen for anyone into folk and traditional Irish music.