on 16 June 2014
A topical issue, the first women at sea in an operational submarine! Needless to say it involves a lot more - a top captain, a insertion of SEALS (accompanied by the women) into North Korea, almost World War 111, several technical challenges at depth on the submarine. An outstanding thriller.
on 21 January 2014
This was offered at a good price so thought I would give it a try.
The storyline was different but very readable, in fact my wife said " you've hardly put that down"
The story made me want to see what happened next.
Not the ending expected (never assume) but most enjoyable read. Also bought the next one in the series.
Good Read at a Good price = Good Value.
on 9 January 2014
As an avid (Addict) reader of submarine warfare fiction I had trepidations on this novel as the lead character was female and I have not read any books where this was the case but I pressed ahead and wow, it is brilliant. Exceptionally well crafted and compelling reading, highly recommended. I already have the next book in the saga ready to fire up, terrible pun!!
on 29 June 2014
It's not often I come across a book I simply can't put down. Just ordered end game...I'm sure it will be at least as good
on 25 December 2013
Excellent in all respects, couldn't put it down. One of the best reads in its class, well written and a believable plot.
on 8 October 2013
'Seawolf' may be Commander Sean Brodie's boat (submarine) but the story and plot belong to LT. Kristen Whitaker and her trials to become accepted in a mans world beneath the waves.

The action sequences are exceptional as is the tech detail. Thoroughly enjoyed both novels and would recommend to any one interested in submarine warfare.

I will be definitely be buying more of Cliff Happy's novels
on 14 February 2014
I really enjoyed reading the two books in this series. The writer tends to repeat facts already stated elsewhere but apart apart from that, anyone who enjoys underwater naval action will find themselves absorbed by the tension and eager to turn the page.
on 26 September 2013
Read this book first and then 'Seawolf End Game' by the same author. Not only does Cliff Happy have a good grip on the technology, he has put together a nail bitting novel. I could not put this book down after I read the first page.
on 13 January 2014
Mills & Boon meets Clive Cussler. While this is an interesting portrayal of a female submarine officer, it is not as technically interesting as work from some authors of the underwater genre.
on 14 October 2013
The heroine is unique and perhaps a bit too unique but I still found it a good read though she does get into a hell of a lot of trouble both personal and professional. I will read book two.