on 30 July 2013
The Backstreet Boys only go and do it again, release another hit album and this time without the meddling of their previous label. To be perfectly honest, they are better off without that label who dictated what they could and could not release, this time they are free to spread their wings and they have done just that.

This album is perfect from beginning to finish and the boys have many an opportunity to showcase why they are still the best selling boyband of all time and still mean business after 20 years in the industry. This album shows growth, highlights how much they have matured over the years and why their fan base is so loyal. These guys have stood the test of time and will be around for many more years, especially as they seem to thoroughly enjoy what they are doing.

Obviously I love the album as a whole, but if I was going to pick favourites I would opt for Madeleine (which was penned for a fan who took her life due to bullying, a very touchy subject and obviously strikes a chord with a lot of people), Show 'Em (What You're Made Of), Make Believe and One Phone Call.

This album is honest, beautiful and full of incredible harmonies and although nothing would ever top Millennium, this comes pretty close to being the perfect Backstreet Boys album, so spoil yourself and invest in something pretty amazing. You will not be disappointed!
on 7 August 2013
I have to agree with another reviewer who mentioned that a few songs were a bit 'here or there'. I feel the same. When it's good - it's good, but when it's not so good - I find myself skipping the tracks sadly.

Title track In A World Like This and Permanent Stain which follows are great starters, I find myself randomly singing them with their catchy beats and all. Breathe and Madeleine are usually skipped, not that I do not appreciate the reasons behinnd Madeleine, I just feel they could have got a better song for the situation and made it a stand out. Breathe is OK, but there's just something missing...
Show Em (What You're Made Of) i like, same goes for Make Believe which was a grower if I'm honest (give it a chance!). Try and Trust Me I usually skip, but Try is worth a listen for the vocal abilities and the classic BSB harmonies and acapella are present throughout.
Love Somebody is another good one, but I'm not sure why... With a strange - almost dubstep - section and typical lyrics listing why you love someone... It may be the chorus' innate ability to induce a singalong, I don't know!
Onto my favourite, One Phone Call, almost anthemic (like later track Soldier), it's typical Backstreet Boys along the lines of Shape Of My Heart and Show Me The Meaning and will strike a chord with long standing fans.
Feels Like Home is a strange one for me. At times I'll listen, but others I skip. This is this album's thanks to the fans songs that they often include but don't release, this one is a bit of a shout out to almost the whole world! I have to be in the mood to hear it. I can't really say much more on this one!
Soldier is a lovely ending to the album. Rousing chorus and catchy exterior, another winner!

4 stars for the tracks that don't stand up, but the songs I do like, I do really love so it's on repeat for now!
on 18 September 2013
Yay, Kevin is back!

We (myself and my daughter) love the BSB, and after hearing the the title song - In a World Like This, we immediately knew we had to get the album.

We have got all the other albums too, AND been to see them a few times, and this album proves that they get better with age! :)
on 1 March 2015
I love this album and think that it is worth buying. It contains a lot of club songs but also contains a few slower songs showing the boys talent to perform as a group in harmony such as try and Madeline. My favorite is feels like home though which i think is a shame they never released as a single. Its not as good as their first European album (1996) though. I also think they should totally of made an album or added some songs to the album actually from 1993 to celebrate how much they have changed over the years . I am looking forward to the movie though!
on 9 January 2014
Overall, I enjoyed the majority of this album & would recommend it. It is the first album over which the BSB have full control. I do wish however, the that guys had been a lot braver in their song choices. But bearing in mind it's the first album with Kevin back in the fold & they are finding their feet again, it is still definitely a step in the right direction. I loved all the songs bar tracks 2 & 7. Let's hope the guys use a mixture of writers & producers in future, because although they have done well, it is obvious that they can do a whole lot better.
on 12 April 2014
Was going to see these guys in concert, got the tickets, but needed to listen to their new album, so of course straight on to Amazon and purchased this. Excellent service, quick delivery but also had this sent to my Amazon cloud so was able to listen before it arrived!
P.s, they were fantastic in concert, right near the front, the boys still have it!!!
on 10 August 2013
I am a big Backstreet Boys fan, loved them for 20years, and will continue to love them. I loved the album from start to finish, There is nothing I disliked about the CD. I am so happy that Kevin is back, it makes them sound amazing. I would recommend this album to any Backstreet Boys fan, New Kids On The Block fan, or to any 1 who likes Boy bands, this album is my favourite album.
on 31 August 2017
on 1 September 2013
This album is a must for any backstreet boy fan. It's nice to hear all five guys are back together. Each of them can be heard clearly. The songs are brilliant, up to date yet still have the trademark BSB sound. I love it and have not stopped playing ity. Go and buy it you won't be disappointed!
on 6 March 2016
Excellent value, Excellent quality and excellent service. Highly recommended.