Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 18 December 2013
I love Abbi Glines books and this is no different, she writes the best characters male and female and you can't help but fall in love with every single one of them.
Jess has popped up along the way in nearly every single book that Abbi has written and at first you kind of don't like her but after reading this book i have to say that i am a little bit in love with her and she is probably the strongest female character that Abbi has written. I also feel really sorry for her and felt like her mother had drilled into her from a young age that she needed to find a man to get her out of the life she was in, saying that i also loved her mother as well and the fact that she didnt need a man to look after her or her daughter.
You could see that she was falling in love with Jason and he was falling for her even though he didn't admit it until the end. I always did like Jason's Stones character even in the first book breathe and even then he seemed to struggle to find himself and who he was instead of been the brother of a famous rock star.
Together Jess and Jason were dynamite and you could almost feel the sexual chemistry jump right out of the book. I found myself shouting Jason just get your act together and tell her how you feel.
When Jess lied to Jason in the end i completely get why she did this, she was doing it not only to protect herself but to protect him as well and that made me love her even more. The one person that annoyed me was Rock i felt like he maybe should've stepped in the end to help her and her mother but then again i'm kind of glad he didn't.

I loved this book just like i love everything that Abbi writes it's well worth the read and after you will hooked just like i am. Amazing.
on 17 December 2013
"I've always wanted a man to love me for me."

Just when I thought that after five instalments in the Sea Breeze series I would be safe in knowing what to expect in this book, I realised that you never know what you're going to get in an Abbi Glines novel. So very different from its prequels, this story is a gut-wrenching joy-ride beginning to end, with so many moments that will take your breath away with the intensity of emotions running through you. Jess is a bad girl that I adored, her every action making me love her even more, and this is truly her book.

"He was a fairy tale. And I didn't live in a storybook."

As someone who always saw herself as a bad girl from the wrong side of the tracks, Jess was raised to believe that her only way out from the life her mother had no choice but to live was by finding a man who would take care of her and save her from her reality. The only child of a single mother who could only make ends meet by working as a stripper, she never had a positive male role model around to make her believe that a good man is anything more than a fairy tale. Every man in her life used her for one thing and one thing alone, and she quickly learned that no man would ever offer her anything without expecting something in return. She was used to men putting her down, cheating on her, mistreating and disrespecting her, finding it very difficult to accept attentiveness with no strings attached.

"Enjoy him, baby girl, but remember he's just a man. He'll marry a girl with a trust fund. Watch your heart."

When she meets Jason, she is immediately attracted to him physically, but the more time they spend together, the more she believes him to be completely out of her league. She doesn't even allow herself to daydream of a future with him, knowing guys like Jason never end up with girls like her. As their attraction grows and stems into a casual but very steamy affair between them, for the first time in her life, Jess learns what it feels like to be treated by a man with respect.

"Jess, if guys don't open doors for you, then they aren't worth your time."

She finds Jason's thoughtfulness and genuine interest in her as a person, not just her body, hard to accept at times. He makes her feel special, cared for, and soon her feelings towards him inevitably turn into a lot more than she knows she should feel. But she never stops believing that what they have is not permanent, expecting him to walk out of her life the moment he does not need her as a distraction any longer.

"Could you get closure on something like this? Loving a man who didn't love you back?"

Jason never expected that a firecracker like Jess would finally be his undoing. As the younger brother of a rockstar, Jason has lived under that shadow all his life, never really knowing whether people liked him for him or because of his connection to a celebrity. He works hard to pave his own future, still unsure of what that future would be, but determined to become his own man and not always be known as someone's brother. Jess shakes his picture-perfect life the moment she steps in front of his car with a baseball bat in her hand. He is drawn to her carefree spirit, her innate sex-appeal and the vulnerability she so desperately tries to hide. She acts like other people's treatment of her does not affect her, her sassiness being her shield against hurt, but Jason sees that underneath that bravado is an insecure young woman whose only wish is to be someone's first choice, for someone other than her mother to finally put her first and make her feel safe. As much as he cannot stay away from her and finds himself feeling protective and possessive of her, he sees commitment being a complication he believes not to have time for at this stage in his life. He wants her, but he won't allow himself to claim her completely, as he cannot see her fitting in his world.

"I know this is just a little fling. I'm not expecting more."

This is in so many ways a heartbreaking love story between a young woman who is willing to settle for less from the man she loves if it means she would have him in her life at all, and a young man still trying to find himself and slowly learning that the best things in life are always a little bit complicated. Jess is a heroine who made me want to beat up every man that had ever wronged her and whose kind heart and vulnerability were the highlights of the story for me. It took me some time to grow attached to Jason, his indecision when it came to claiming Jess as his own making me see red at times, but the vast difference in the way they were raised justified that in my eyes. This was a story whose heart-wrenching moments will stay with you, make you want to re-read them, re-live them. Nothing gets to me like scenarios of unrequited love, real or apparent, and this book got to me page after page, scene after scene. An absolute game changer in a series that keeps getting better and better.

"As the music played over the speakers and the waterfall in the pool filled the silence around us, I knew that without a doubt I had just been ruined."
on 25 November 2014
ax Stone was the bad boy who started this whole series and I absolutely loved his story. By the time I'd gotten round to reading this book though I'd sort of forgotten that he even had a brother. Ooops.

Jason is not like his brother at all. He doesn't want the life in the spotlight but knows that it sort of follows his family around. He needs to get away from everything and heads to Sea Breeze to hide out for a while. I loved Jason from the off. Where other male characters in Abbi Glines' books are generally the bad boy types Jason isn't. Instantly you can tell he's different and there's something that bit extra special about him.

Jess, on the other hand, is the bad girl in town and everyone knows it. It was refreshing to read about a character like Jess as normally the female character is quite sweet and innocent. Jess is full of sass and mischief and I loved her. She had a really hard exterior for many reasons but you know she wants better for herself than what she already has.

Misbehaving had a pretty exciting plot but not in the sense that a lot happens. You see, the plot is all about Jason and Jess getting to know one another and also getting to know someone that they never thought they'd be interested in. They both come from really different lives and the contrast was something I liked a lot. Both Jason and Jess don't really know how to handle being with the other.

Just like all couples in an Abbi Glines books, these two have insane chemistry. Jess is the kind of girl who lives life to the fullest and she knows exactly who she is. She's not afraid to be adventurous and daring and I loved that about her. Jason is so chivalrous and a gentleman but he also knows what he wants and goes for it. Jason being who he is means that this book is taken on location a couple of times and let me tell you, there are some pretty amazing trips taken in this story.

Jason and Jess are two of my favourite Abbi Glines characters so this is now one of my favourite books.
on 11 June 2016
When I first bought this book I wasn't sure if I'd love it as much as the rest of the books in the series as Jason wasn't exactly one of the "Sea Breeze bad boys" but boy was I wrong! I loved this book just as much as the rest of the Sea Breeze collection. Misbehaving gave us a real insight into Jason's life (as the 'good guy' basically living in his brother Jax's shadow & "saving" the 'bad girl' Jess) but it was really nice to get to read his happily ever after! :)
on 24 April 2014
I love all of Abbi Glines books and i'm always so excited when she releases another. The best thing i like about these book is that you can read them as a standalone as every book is about two main characters and evolves around a group of people. This is book 6 in the Sea Breeze series but if you started with this one, it would not make a difference and this is why i love everything about Abbi Glines books apart from the fact she's an amazing writer and she keeps me gripped.

This one is based around Jason Stone, wealthy guy whose parents are rich and his brother, Jax is a rock star. Jess lives with her mum who strips for a living to put food on the table for herself and Jess. Jess's ex boyfriend is a waste of space and out of pure anger, she smashes his truck's windows and legs it only to catch a ride in a porche by none other then Jason Stone.

This book takes two very different people on a wonderful, complicated journey to find love with each other but there are loads of situations that pull them apart. Both characters are so loveable and i was so hooked, i just wanted to read and read. Unfortunately i finished the book, now i have to wait for her next release. Fantastic so go and check it out and if you haven't read the others then you are missing out.
on 3 January 2014
once I started reading this book I wanted to finish it, the story of two people each wanting something different from their current lifestyles, where relationships are not in the forefront of their lives.

So we meet 'bad girl' Jess, well she wasn't really she kept up appearances, she was this sweet, understated, insecure girl, definitely not innocent but had been mistreated badly by her ex boyfriend, but couldn't say no. each time he got caught, she always took him back.

Jason, Jax's younger brother, I always thought he was a bit more savvy than Jax, but he was from a privileged family, with the rock star brother, who was biding his time not looking for a relationship! at Sea breeze, where Jax had a summer house.

He meets Jess, when she runs in front of his car after bashing her ex's truck! Although its fairly slow to start with, they soon start feeling things for each other, although they both try to kud themselves its only a summer fling.

Jason struggled with putting her first, more than once and Jess kept making excuses for him, leaving him and going home, getting together with the singer, Krit, from her cousin's band, but Jason goes back after her, as he realises his feelings are deeper than he thought!

It was nice although briefly, catching up with Preston and Amanda, Jax and Sadie, Cage and Eva, Low and Marcus. Rock, Tricia and the kids!

We soon learn about Jess's momma's illness and what she does to protect herself, cutting Jason off and getting herself a new job, she told him some horrid lies, until he can't stand it any longer, goes looking for her, only to find the truth, I was sat on the edge of my seat, taking her away from the new job, taking very gentle care of her, then moving her and her momma away to get treatment. He saved the day, although I don't think their story is finished just yet!
I’ve come to realise that I’m not one to root for the bad girl in general. So it took me quite a while to actually get round to reading this installment of the Sea Breeze series. Boy was I kicking myself when I did eventually start reading it.

Jess came as a complete surprise, beneath that bad girl/devil-may-care exterior lurked an insecure,vulnerable yet selfless person, caring and giving she puts others first. Her facade is there for good reason, being the daughter of a stripper in a small town causes it’s far share of problems as you can imagine. Jess has needed these barriers in place in order to survive.

Jason and Jess’s relationship is the swoon-worthy fairy-tale every girl dreams of even though Jason is a bit of an unintentional douche-bag. Where he thinks he’s protecting Jess from getting hurt he is hurting her instead.

The plot flowed beautifully, providing a smexy, swoony piece of escapism.

It was lovely to catch glimpses of all the other characters at the same time as following Jess and Jason’s relationship. I am still in desperate need of a Jax and Sadie novella though :)
on 17 December 2013
Abbi never lets us down with her books I been waiting on this one for a while and it was worth the wait I loved it. It makes me happy that Jason found someone to make him happy and Jess was needing some love and attention. I truly loved this book I recommend you all read it
on 18 December 2013
Was as good as I thought it would be! Love Jason, he is so lovely and sweet and sexy! I couldn't put the book down but was sad when I finished it. It was good to read about the other characters from strangers too.
on 19 May 2014
Feel the need to give myself a talking to! This has been on my Kindle since its release and I've avoided reading it.... why is that? I do not know, my only reasoning is that I'm an idiot!

Jason Stone is Jax's younger brother, Jess is Rock's naughty lil cousin. She's a bad girl, used to bad boys and being treated badly and now things that's all she's worthy of. Jason tries to change that view she has but she doesn't believe him and his mother doesn't help... oh its full of angst and drama!

As yet I've not read a book by Abbi that I haven't been hooked in virtually from page one and this is no different. I love her writing style and her characters.... bring on the next book, and the next oh and the next!!!!!!!!