Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£12.03

on 22 November 2016
I bought this along with a starter arduino kit and this book has proven invaluable, it has a clear direction for learning and gives you plenty of places to visit online after you've finished with it. I would not have had as much fun with my kit if I hadn't had this book with it. There are plenty of tutorials which are written out in a way that makes them as challenging as you like, so you can read the whole thing and work out how to complete to project or use the solution. It helps with both the circuitry and programming. I would recommend this book to anyone starting out with arduino.
on 2 May 2017
Its OK, but for me "Programming Arduino: Getting Started with Sketches" is a lote better.
on 24 June 2017
Excellent
on 20 April 2017
Clear explanation. The book works.
on 27 March 2017
Vgood
on 8 December 2013
A very good book on the Arduino spoilt by silly mistakes and typo errors e.g page 80 on Joule's Law P = I x R should be P = V x I (as per the 3rd line of Calculating Power at the top of page 80) so that it derives correctly to the line below as P = I X I x R. Also on page 94 on "Putting Up Resistance", it should read, "It draws a maximum current of approximately 25mA (milliamps)", not "It draws a maximum voltage of .......", as printed.
There are a number of silly grammatical mistakes earlier in the book too with missing words and incorrect spelling.
Considering this is a book for the raw beginner in electronics, and the price charged, it should be better than this. The proof readers at Wordsmith Editorial need a rap across the knuckles for such mistakes.

But for these technical and editorial mistakes I would have given this book a 5 star rating, but because of them it only rates 3 stars in my view. Such a shame, but otherwise I would recommend it.
Looking at the Amazon site, I've just seen that there is a new edition due out on 21 May 2014. I hope they've corrected these mistakes.

PS. Don't be fooled by my pen name - I've got over 40 years experience in electronics development!
11 Comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 September 2013
Easily read ttext with usefull instruction to start using the Arduino. I bought the kindle version which has the advantage of not having to hold it open while setting up the experiments.
on 22 March 2017
As decribed
on 5 April 2017
Helps a lot
on 24 November 2016
Better books out there to learn from and this one contains a lot of errors that could end up bricking your arduino