Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£11.30

on 8 December 2013
A very good book on the Arduino spoilt by silly mistakes and typo errors e.g page 80 on Joule's Law P = I x R should be P = V x I (as per the 3rd line of Calculating Power at the top of page 80) so that it derives correctly to the line below as P = I X I x R. Also on page 94 on "Putting Up Resistance", it should read, "It draws a maximum current of approximately 25mA (milliamps)", not "It draws a maximum voltage of .......", as printed.
There are a number of silly grammatical mistakes earlier in the book too with missing words and incorrect spelling.
Considering this is a book for the raw beginner in electronics, and the price charged, it should be better than this. The proof readers at Wordsmith Editorial need a rap across the knuckles for such mistakes.

But for these technical and editorial mistakes I would have given this book a 5 star rating, but because of them it only rates 3 stars in my view. Such a shame, but otherwise I would recommend it.
Looking at the Amazon site, I've just seen that there is a new edition due out on 21 May 2014. I hope they've corrected these mistakes.

PS. Don't be fooled by my pen name - I've got over 40 years experience in electronics development!
on 24 June 2013
When I bought the 'Arduino for Dummies book, I had had no computer programming experience and struggled to fully understand the programming of an Arduino board. That is, until I bought this book. It is by far the best book on the subject. It surpasses all others and leads the reader through the subject with great clarity. There were a couple of details that were insufficently clarified and these were resolved by referring to Simon Monk's book 'Programming Arduino - Getting Started with Sketches'. However I emphasise that without the 'Arduino for Dummies' book I would never have understood how to program and use an Arduino board. I recommend this book unreservedly.
on 30 January 2014
As an electrical engineering student, I was already familiar with the details of electrical circuits described in this book but had never done programming before. Examples are well presented, code functions are explained well and experimentation is encouraged. Highly recommended.
on 30 June 2013
ARDUINO… probably something that’s beyond me? After reading this book - No way! Before I knew it, I was about 30% into the book and had had loads of ‘light bulb’ moments due to the thoroughness of the text - nothing seems to be taken for granted. John Nussey, the author ,is clearly a superb communicator
A must for the young and developed minds in a digital age where understanding the tools of your trade is essential to create and innovate.
on 19 November 2014
Arduino for Dummies allows the novice--ME to understand how to have fun with the Arduino board (PCB) and kit. without being an expert programmer. The Author takes you by the hand and gently introduces you to the simple electronic component world and demonstrates "how to make gizmos perform"--flash light--make noises etc. Slowly slowly he guides you through more complex tasks until--skys the limit and you can embark upon really clever projects using imagination and gained skills. He takes the mystique out of Arduino for Dummies like me.
on 16 October 2015
If you (or someone you know) are looking at getting into the world of Arduino et al, I cannot recommend this book enough.

As with most Dummies books this is a great 'manual', with a links to more detailed subjects throughout. After researching what books were available I chose this, as well as this book Programming Arduino Getting Started with Sketches by Simon Monk, which expands on the programming side of things quite nicely - would recommend the pair as a complementary set, covering beginners to more advanced.
on 13 August 2013
I love the friendly nature of the writing in this book. It covers some of the electronics basics you will find really useful when building projects which eventhough they are not directly arduino they are important to your projects. I've not read it all yet but the stuff I've covered so far has been a great help which has really fired up my enthusiasm for all thing arduino!
on 21 March 2016
Very informative book. If you are a beginner or intermediate with Arduino then I would say this is the book for you. There are other books on the subject which you might find more informative depending on your knowledge base.
on 6 November 2013
Another"For Dummies" biik to sit on my bookshelf, as with other books in this range this provides an excellent overview of the subject, and diggs a little deeper where additional info is required.
on 12 July 2014
I found this explained things well, including the basics & for someone like my grand children that was very useful I found I could find all I wanted to know using the index so didn't have to read the whole book to get my project finished