Colour: White|Change

on 27 November 2013
my son is autistic and can not do laces so we have always had to buy Velcro fastening shoes, and there not always available in the style he likes.... but now thanks to these laces we can buy any shoes he likes. super fast delivery, great seller. will definitely be ordering more in the future, thank you!
33 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2014
I bought these after a hip replacement, as bending to tie laces was difficult/painful, to the extent of putting me off walking and slowing my recovery. I use them in my walking shoes/trainers, 6 holes each side. I found them plenty long enough, and ended up cutting off around 2 to 3 inches after knotting and toggle fitting. I recommend getting a long shoe horn to use, but with that I find the shoes so much easier to fit it is making my walks pleasant again. I found there was slightly more movement of the shoe on the foot than with normal laces, but have not found this a problem even after several miles. I would recommend them.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 January 2015
I didn't even realise these could be purchased until I spotted some on Amazon a month or two before I needed to buy some for some new trainers. I am having difficulty using my thumbs at the moment so I thought these might make wearing a new pair of trainers easier.
They arrived in a bag with lacing instructions. all four ends of the elasticated laces were hardened to make lacing easier and they fit through the holes in the trainers without difficulty. The instructions show how to lace and fit through the plastic bits but do not give any firm information as to the best type of knot to use. I've never been a scout so I just knotted in my own style. It seemed pretty firm and the cone shape hid most of it from view. I then cut off the excess lace - of course this cuts off the hardened bit so lacing into something else would be more difficult. Not really a problem as I bought them just for these trainers.

I am delighted how easy it is to put the trainers on and lace them firmly. I can tighten one handed if I need to so if one of my thumbs is really playing up I don't have to use it. I also like the little bit of give the elastic gives as you walk - it stops the trainers feeling tight and gives a very natural walking experience.

I am looking at my other boots and shoes to see if any of them would benefit from this type of lace arrangement.
Very happy and recommended for those who might find using ordinary laces difficult.
on 8 November 2014
Although it came with no instructions, a quick search on YouTube and we were good to go. I was a bit worried that I had to get the scissors to them, just in case I cut in the wrong place, then that's five quid down the drain. My daughter has dyspraxia and the elastic nature means that lace up shoes and trainers are much easier to put on. The one negative is that the button you have to press in order to tighten the laces is really quite stiff and hard to push at the same time as pulling the laces.
on 29 July 2013
I bought these to try, I run around 30-35 miles a week and anything to make my run easier the better. Good size of lace that can be shortened if required. So in summary cheap well made easy to fit and work .
on 27 October 2014
Bought these for my 11 year old son who has Aspergers and struggles with laces. Only just found out about them, this has opened up a whole new world of shoes to us, no need to just velcro, so difficult to buy nice trainers in his size but now we can buy laced ones and use these. Very easy to fit and he can use them easily. Will definitely be buying again.
on 15 December 2015
Great idea whoever invented these :)
Once laced up to your specific style/ needs they pretty much just do their thing & work as claimed.
I got them because my fingers are starting to show early stage arthritis so their a godsend.
I use them on the x2 pairs of training shoes I use the most & I can only sing their praises, I might buy 1 or more pairs for my other trainers :)
I have even had 2 people enquire if my trainers (Nike) were a special edition due to these laces hehe.

Highly Recommended !!! 5/5 all the way :)
on 3 February 2016
Bought these for my wife to use with her running shoes and they're exactly as described.

As someone who used to sell these many moons ago, I know how useful they are for those runners who get fed up with tying shoelaces. In addition, if you're a triathlete, these save you a fair bit of time in your transitions, as you simply yank them tight and then run.

These ones come with little refective things in them, so they're also going to help add to you being seen on the road.

Came quickly, well packaged - would buy again.
on 4 July 2016
A great product, you have to shorten the laces to size, but this is easy to do with a pair of scissors to shorten and a match to seal the lace. Laces are stretchy which works well and the fastener seems tough a likely to last well. All in all very pleased with these.
on 29 June 2016
These are wonderful. So easy to fasten and they make my golf shoes so much more comfortable. I was worried that they might be a little loose - but no. They provide a snug fit. Sorry to report - my golf is no better, but hey - can't expect miracles.