Escapades
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 April 2017
I already own this album on CD. Decided to purchase the vinyl as I have just resurrected my LP spinner.
Sounds brilliant on vinyl.
on 22 January 2015
I struggle to see why some are raving about this album.
I found it smooth, bland and over-produced.
Nothing here comes close to the edginess of say Iron Shirt (off 'Once Upon A Time') and mostly it swept over me without leaving an impression - despite repeated listens to 'give it a chance'.

If you are new to this band don't start here.
on 8 July 2017
I have come back to review this album after feasting on th magnificent "Dread Times" released in 2017.

I am afraid this is the "rock" album that Dreadzone needed to get out of their system. It's bland twangy guitar driven stuff that any self respecting reggae fan would wish to avoid . OKay there are one ore two moments of tough JA splendour, but we are used to Dreadzone dealing up JA niceness on every track, not just on one or two.

This album will appeal to the rock cognoscenti looking to broaden their horizons. It's a disappointment for the conscious soul boys.

Dread Times is extraordinary, skip forward to it immediately.
on 9 September 2013
Stunning is the first word I'll use, I thought Eye On The Horizon was a peak, this steps up to the next level. Opening track Next Generation sets the tone, and then comes Man In A Suit, then I Love You Goodbye. Will this album start to level off after such a strong start, errrr no. Rise Up, Fire In The Dark and Too Late then hit you. In between these we get On My Way, Roosevelt High, Places and Music Of The Spheres, equally as good as the up tempo songs adding balance to the whole thing.

Earl 16 and MC Spee vocals are sublime, Lena Cullen adds a different dimension with her great voice, and lets not forget Mick Jones on Too Late, nuff said.

The songwriting and production on the album is top quality, a step forward while still managing to retain the Dreadzone sound we all know and love.

Rise Up Dreadzone!
on 10 September 2013
Love music? Having trouble finding something that really stands out from the crowd? Look no further... This LP raises the bar yet again. Dreadzone can do no wrong, whatever album you buy of theirs you are in for a treat. Even if you start with Escapades and don't get their seminal work 'Second Light' first, you'll be blown away.
As ever they mix different styles of music but with their definitive dub reggae sound at its beating heart.

Production duties fulfilled by one time full member Tim Bran push this onto another level, but the whole Dread family pull together to produce an LP of sublime quality. Coupled with guest vocals from the brilliant Lena Cullen and Mick Jones..I dare you not to like it

If you love them on record, seriously, do not miss them live. One of the best bands out there today and they are playing near you sometime in the future...a must
on 27 October 2013
Have all Dreadzone albums; this one is a real mix of their styles over the years. Other reviewers online have described the different genres in the tracks - suffice to say I generally agree with this analysis; it is certainly more Dreadzone as I like it than the previous album Eye on the Horizon which turned out to be a bit lightweight. Escapades has glimpses of 360 degrees and Sound which are my favourite two Dreadzone albums.
on 14 September 2013
Yet again Dreadzone deliver the goods! This album is fantastic, it blends all the usual Dreadzone vibes and still sounds as fresh and vibrant as ever. Great to hear collaborations with Lena Cullen and Mick Jones, and to have Tim Bran back in the fold on this album. It's hardly a wonder why John Peel rated these guys so highly when they keep producing some of the best British music available after all these year.

What you get with this album is 10 new, fantastic, bouncy tracks from the mighty Dreadzone....buy it, I promise you'll love it.
on 13 September 2013
In all these years I never tire I just get inspired. Track TOO LATE is phenominal, I'm playing it on a loop! Another monumental Dreadzone album.
on 11 September 2013
well worth the wait, Dreadzones new album Escapades is a must buy- can not stop playing it- next generation, fire in the dark, rise up and man in a suit my fav so far, but I get so much more out of each track the more I listen. now I need to download all the remixes.
on 9 September 2014
Love this band and you must see them live. A wonderful mix of sound with dub running through it all. The singer has such versatility and excellent vocals. Please make an effort to listen more than once and see them live. You will not be disappointed I promise