on 30 July 2017
I really enjoyed this book and the writer cleverly brought the characters alive. Will look for more books by this author
on 3 June 2017
nice book but it conclude the whole story really early and then it gets quite boring
on 19 September 2017
Enjoyable reading
on 9 June 2017
easy read
on 17 November 2015
I couldn't connect with this couple and found myself skim reading to get to the end - just not for me.
on 24 May 2017
A
on 2 July 2017
Great
on 9 September 2014
It's an ok book for free. I found it got boring 2/3 through it. And also got a bit fed up of the word "sweetheart". The ending was quite plain as well and didn't build up to it really. By It's an ok read for free
on 12 March 2014
I loved the story about Laney and Kyle and their reunion. I wasn't impressed whenever I had to put the story down but I came back to it as soon as I possibly could. Such a lovely story nicely told and it was great to see how strong Laney was and how much of a gentleman Kyle was. Well worth a read :) !
on 23 December 2013
4.5 Stars

*********I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*********

I have had this book on my review pile for a while, and after reading it I'm cross with myself that I didn't read it sooner. I'm such a sucker for a second chance romance story, and this book was a perfect read on a Saturday afternoon.

Returning home to her home town of Wardham Canada for the Christmas holiday Delaney Calhoun finds herself face to face with Kyle Nixon her ex boyfriends who left her broken hearted twelve years ago when he ended their relationship. Laney now lives in Chicago and has moved on with her life, but the break up affect her emotionally she is very guarded, as she doesn't want to get hurt again. Laney had relationships, but she never lets anyone get too close.

"Laney had banned emotional entanglement from her life a long time ago. Never again would she be vulnerable and give her heart to someone. It wasn't worth the pain"

Kyle one biggest regret is letting Laney go, he too has had relationships, but deep down he always knew Laney was the only one for him. After twelve, years, sparks fly, strong intense emotions of love, but also anger return, and the chemistry is undeniable. Kyle wants Laney back, he knows he hurt her he wants to make thing right, and get her to trust him again.

"I'm an idiot, so I didn't realize it until I was twenty-two, and then I let you go, a bonehead move that I will always regret."~ Kyle

I liked the storyline told in from Laney and Kyle's POV about second chances and family. It was romantic, charming, and funny. Loved the Christmas morning Pilate's scene. It had just the right amount angst. Laney and Kyle are likeable, and well develop characters. Two people that you know are meant to be together. The chemistry between them meant there were plenty of steamy scenes.

"She once believed that love and chemistry were one and the same, and she blocked both out of her life, but today she blew that idea out of the water".

"She didn't need to play the seductress, or any other game. They wanted each other with honest abandon, and neither of them would fight it"

I like that Laney and Kyle are honest with each other about their feelings, regarding the past and possible future. Their emotions are real as they try to overcome the issues that could keep them apart for the second time around.

"The agony here? I don't like to feel that. And it's inevitable, so this?" She pointed at her heart. "That's off limits. To everyone."

"That's my fault, then, and I'm sorry. To you, and all the men out there that's probably want to love you. They're missing out."~ Kyle

Loved the secondary characters, Laney's mum, sister, and her nephews, there was something about them. They have such a heartwarming relationship. Loved that it was set in a small town, the nosiness and the gossiping of the locals was very funny.

"I hate to suggest that you just have a fling, but you're a grown up. Just because Kyle lives here doesn't mean he can't make the drive to Chicago. And I'd love it if you visit more, even if your primary reason was a booty call." Claire Laney's mum

Overall I really enjoyed this book it was a short read, but well written, and I liked the pace of the book. It had the feel of a made- for -TV Christmas movie that I loved to watch at this time of year. This was the first book I have read by Zoe York, and I will definitely be reading more. In fact, as soon as I finished this one, I added all her other books to my TBR list. I liked Zoe's writing style. There was no cliffhanger just a sweet happy ending.

If you loved second chance romance stories, that are steamy, will make you laugh and smile then What Once Was Perfect is just what you need so go one click today.