Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 19 November 2013
If you loved 24, this is made by the same team and is a must watch! It has the same fast paced action, scheming and plot twists. Impossible to just watch one episode, you'll be up all night!
on 9 November 2013
Completed both box sets in two weeks !! So addictive - it had you changing your mind at every twist and turn
on 13 November 2013
Spell binding, breath taking, addictive! Awesome season 1&2 combined! Loved it. If you want to watch something back to back you can do these two box sets in a week! Compelling!
on 14 November 2013
One of the shows were you can't wait to see what happens next. Edge of your seat stuff with plenty of twists and turns. Excellent!!!
on 21 September 2014
Just amazing. One of the best series I have ever seen. I had watched on tv but was staying with a friend who had not seen it. He was riveted as I was for the second time. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
on 27 June 2016
This is a brilliantly plotted, compellingly watchable show. It is solidly directed and well acted. I do have a few minor criticisms: the title sequence is dreadful (isn't that a picture of Claire Danes from 'My So Called Life'? in the sequence) and the music is annoying. At times some of the performances can be a bit conceited and some of the sex scenes are embarrassing. It's also faintly preposterous some of the characters' actions. However, it is the most satisfying series I've watched in a long time.
on 27 January 2014
The Americans love these fast moving action series with more twists than a hula dancer and this is no exception. The plot is more mature and less improbable than the earlier 24 series but it has much of the same style. The acting is good, the technical side excellent and (a great improvement over the authoring of 24), one can literally watch it all through with just a few clicks of the remote as flashbacks and end / front titles can easily be passed over. I enjoyed it and the set is now doing the circuit of my family!
on 12 December 2013
I purchased Downton Abbey Boxset for my partner because she loves it and when it arrived she said oh, I could have asked you to get Homelands so as a surprise to her I ordered it. If it keeps her amused, quiet over & over it's worth the purchase price. However, many of the reveiews say that Series 3 is rubbish so have kept off buying that for now but it made me think that it may not be worth buying the first two series. I'm sure it won't be too long before the 3rd series lands on the doorstep
on 11 February 2014
If only we had more quality productions like this one. It keeps you on edge throughout the first and second series! Not only are the lead actors superb but the supporting cast makes this an outstanding series on an very sensitive subject! The locations and sets that have been used back up the acting. My only criticism is of some of the dialogue, the clarity of speech could be better but this is true of lots of productions, looking forward to the third series very much. I applaud you!!!!
on 11 November 2013
Was recommended this series by a relative and tried to watch 3rd series when it started. So fast moving we couldn't catch up. Immediately decided to order DVD and watch already recorded episodes from series 3 after series 1 & 2. We were blown away. It was brilliant. Watched both series over just a few days. It is compulsive viewing. This DVD is highly recommended. Just sorry we have caught up and can only get our Homeland 'fix' once a week from now on.