Format: DVD|Change

on 5 November 2013
Homeland is simply a well written, brilliantly acted and heart stopping show. Throughout season one I was getting drawn in on the two main characters, Carrie and Brody, and understanding what they were both going through and their constant dance around each other. Along with this you are drawn in by the story and how situations develop and the severity of the situation along with the emotional and physical stress both are put under. The story, although a tad slow at first, really picks up pace and keeps you on the edge of your seat and really wanting to know what happens next. Series 2 however beats season one easily and i couldn't stop watching until i'd seen all the episodes and the great finale.
I wasn't originally sure about buying this as, although i'd heard some very good things, I have seen such classics as The Sopranos, The Wire and the West Wing and wondered whether i would not be able to appreciate it as much for watching such great shows. I was however, very much, mistaken. Homeland was enthralling and these first two seasons are two of my favourite seasons ever and were able to match the shows listed. The performances also match up, even getting closer to the late James Gandolfini's performances.
If you like action, suspense, good writing, good acting and a twisting and turning story which has you gripped, then buy this and watch homeland.
on 24 March 2014
Believed this would be a glory halleluja show in the name of the great america, but instead it is almost the opposite. Love it, exciting and makes people think. I recommend it. Hard to not binge watch it!
on 19 November 2013
If you loved 24, this is made by the same team and is a must watch! It has the same fast paced action, scheming and plot twists. Impossible to just watch one episode, you'll be up all night!
on 21 September 2014
Just amazing. One of the best series I have ever seen. I had watched on tv but was staying with a friend who had not seen it. He was riveted as I was for the second time. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
on 9 November 2013
Completed both box sets in two weeks !! So addictive - it had you changing your mind at every twist and turn
on 18 July 2015
Love this series. Bought it for my sister as she missed it and I ended up watching it again and I so enjoyed it. Won't discuss the plot as others have already done so, enough to say Damien Lewis and Clare Danes were born to play these parts
on 26 September 2013
Having saved up all Series 1 and Series 2 on my planner and become addicted to Homeland guess what - the recording of the final episode of series 2 failed!!!! I have been waiting for the launch of the DVD's and am now watching them all again knowing I will finally get to see how series 2 ended! Best thing on tele (apart from Strictly) by far. If you have never watched it buy these DVD's
44 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2014
The Americans love these fast moving action series with more twists than a hula dancer and this is no exception. The plot is more mature and less improbable than the earlier 24 series but it has much of the same style. The acting is good, the technical side excellent and (a great improvement over the authoring of 24), one can literally watch it all through with just a few clicks of the remote as flashbacks and end / front titles can easily be passed over. I enjoyed it and the set is now doing the circuit of my family!
on 13 November 2013
Spell binding, breath taking, addictive! Awesome season 1&2 combined! Loved it. If you want to watch something back to back you can do these two box sets in a week! Compelling!
on 12 December 2013
I purchased Downton Abbey Boxset for my partner because she loves it and when it arrived she said oh, I could have asked you to get Homelands so as a surprise to her I ordered it. If it keeps her amused, quiet over & over it's worth the purchase price. However, many of the reveiews say that Series 3 is rubbish so have kept off buying that for now but it made me think that it may not be worth buying the first two series. I'm sure it won't be too long before the 3rd series lands on the doorstep