on 2 September 2013
I bought this core set precisely because I wanted to build a number of decks, or rather because I wanted to experiment with different types of decks. You get a lot of cards for the price and more importantly you get a lot of land cards that are the building block of any well-balanced deck. You also get booster packs from past editions of Magic as well as one from the 14th edition which came out this year. If you are at a loss at trying to put a good deck of cards together, or would like to experiment with different styles of decks, I would strongly recommend purchasing this pack. I personally think it is worth it.
on 26 May 2014
I bought this because a few of my friends started playing Magic and I wanted to be a part of the whole thing; didn't know what to expect but it's a really nice box set actually; I've made 2 big, match-worthy decks from the stuff in there and could easily rearrange what I've got to make awesome decks with different colours if need be. I've also made a third deck with the spares for the benefit of getting my other half to play, which I must say has worked out admirably because now we can swap decks and play between us as we'd like, without having to set up a match with anyone else.

Also doubles as a very nice, very handy carrying case for your decks; be warned the box itself isn't chocked full of cards, there's about 1/3 blocked off with cardboard, but it's still a great extra space if you plan to expand and want a convenient and cool box for your cards.

Would definitely reccomend to anyone who would like to jump in to magic and feels better having the choice of colours and cards to start with; hell I even got a rare card or two in mine!
on 16 August 2014
A really good set for beginners as it contains enough cards for several decks to be made, meaning you can play against your friends using only this set. Would be a little nicer if it came with only MTG 2014 boosters, but only a minor niggle. Contains a range of cards, but will eventually need expanding to make a more competitive deck. Recommend for anyone starting at magic (But better now to get the 2015 version of this!)
on 30 April 2014
This box includes enough for anyone to start with Magic The Gathering. Enough land cards, and enough other cards to get a taste of what the game is about. You can make different style decks out of this and there are cards representing different strategies included. It opens a door for more exploration and bring the joy of opening the 4 included boosters.

If you already have good amount of cards though, and only want to enlarge your collection, go rather for boosters alone or for a booster display.
on 14 November 2013
I brought this kit cause i was just starting out, learning to play mtg and needed a core set box, looked everywhere, everywhere else was expensive, but came across this and wow! Fantastic low price! Plus the delivery was super quick!
I'd reccommend to anyone who wants to start playing magic or just wants one of these core sets, to buy one of these, you can't get it cheaper anywhere else and the delivery is so fast, you'll have it at your finger tips in no time at all!
And the quality is brand new!!
on 23 June 2014
My Grandson was wanting this core set as he plays with his friends at school in the lunch break. This was perfect.
only downside no fault of the seller they should have been delivered on Saturday and didn't come till Monday. Citylink are not too reliable prefer when goods are send by DPD
on 19 August 2014
I've recently come back to MTG after a number of years of not playing and it's surprising how I'd forgotten just how nuanced this game is. The Deckbuilder set is great for giving the new player options to build several deck types to experiment with and the little guide on how to play was very welcome.

In terms of delivery this was great, coming a day before the estimated delivery window meaning I could get started sooner than expected.
on 13 April 2015
I would be fuming. I get instead 2 gatecrash, 1 Theros and 1 M14. The deck storage thing is also ripped. I feel like I should complain but I already have plenty of RtR boosters so I don't need more. However I reckon the seller does this a lot.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 October 2013
This is the perfect starter item for anyone getting into MTG, myself and my wife purchased this and we have built many decks from the cards provided and play against each other every other night.
on 27 October 2014
A good starter to a great game. I would not recommend this to someone trying to get into the game whom want to play standard because almost all of the packs are out of rotation and can not be played or traded with people who play strictly standard.

See one answered question