Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 May 2017
Luke Machin is one of the best guitarists in the UK, his compositions are intricate, intelligent, expertly crafted and played and album is well produced. But his singing is very weak - with poor tone, no expression and no power. Maschine could be so much better if they had someone like Ashe O'Hara handling the vocals.
on 26 April 2017
good guitar playing shame about singing
on 20 September 2013
This Cd is a great listen-it's edgy, raw, powerful and yet beautiful. The female background vocals
adds another dimension-enhancing the overall effect by adding a softer, sassy touch but without detracting from the intensity. I've played this CD several times now and never tire of the music. All the songs are strong; I get to hear some Santana, some Prefab Sprout and maybe some Haken. But I've got to say that this band are very much their own. I love the whole Cd but track 3 Cubixstro is my absolute favourite. It starts off at a breakneck speed and then morphs to a slower, groovy beat- my feet are tapping, my head bopping-wonderful! Overall hugely fulfilling and satisfying listen. Well worth the 5 stars.
on 30 April 2014
As a record-buying teen of the 70's I've tried to like a lot of new prog over the last forty or so years, not always with success. So it was with a soaring heart that I listened to this - the first truly exciting musical powerhouse band I've heard since... forever. This is probably the best first album of any band in my large collection. Complex, edgy, rich, varied music. Keyboards less Muse than Glass, harmonies that recall the dissonance of Britten, guitar playing with equal virtuosity yet more soul than Martone. If the drummer could be persuaded not to slavishly follow the guitar rhythms, it would be perfect. I urge you to buy this - support a band at the beginning of a very exciting future.
on 21 August 2013
This is a super band! Just believe me.
Album is full of dramatic energy and beautiful melodies.
If you love King Crimson, EL&P, Dream Theater and Fourplay, Return To Forever, Pat Metheny Group,
you'll fall in love with this band, Maschine.
I do love this band, Long Live Maschine!
Hope to see Maschine in Seoul, Korea someday...
on 10 May 2014
Excellent album from a great band, reminds me a little of Govan but with lyrics. If your into progressive/fusion, stash it!
on 16 August 2013
This is a very mature debut from one of the UK's hot new acts. Their combined age is still less than mine....I listen to loads of prog and other rock and the best I find recently comes out of Sweden or Poland. This has metal power, great melody, the songs are lasting and the musicianship out on its own.
on 15 December 2014
unbelievably good!
on 17 August 2013
Great new band, have see them live just as good look forward to more from them.
a Brighton based band on the up.