on 14 September 2013
I don't know what is up with me this weather, as I normally love a good filthy erotic novel. This book is neither of those things (filthy/erotic) but I could not put it down. For me, the author has explored a concept that is as old as time, but not normally addressed in books of this genre. Styr is in a loveless marraige when he is taken prisoner by Cara. There are a number of twists and turns amongst the way, with a few supporting characters - they may be developed in future books. What you have is a very slow careful development of a couple, one of whom is especially reluctant.

Now, I'm not an history buff, but Willingham has certainly put a lot of research into her book. I'm a huge fan of her Viking historical romances anyway. Modern counties did not exist then, although the province names were known. By using a fictional name Gall Tire, she has taken two words and made it into a believable place, which I choose to believe is a twist on Donegal (or Dun na nGall)
on 20 December 2013
I loved this book, very surprised it was Mills and Boon given some of the other samples I've downloaded. An excellent read that I could not put down. I suppose the only beef I have is with the title, it doesn't do the book content justice.
on 5 December 2013
Just started this book, but my God this guy has been chained up for a couple of days now and has not had any opportunity for his elimination needs!!!
Still trying to understand how he could help the lassie haul in the fishing nets with his hands manacled behind his back?????
on 6 May 2016
Very good
on 29 October 2013
From start to finish Michelle holds us captive in a world of romance and emotion! Just where I want to be when I need to shut out reality! Thank you!
on 25 November 2014
It was on time
on 23 July 2013
I don't normally read Harlequin historical romances but To Sin with a Viking sounded really interesting so I thought I would give it a go.

I really loved the story it was engaging and romantic. I liked the way it built up and the journey it took me on. The writing was good, I was able to envision everything perfectly 99% of the time, but was pulled out by the occasional bits of more modern vocabulary that snuck in. There were also a few bits that felt out of place to me, like the whole divorce business which I thought wasn't around in the times of Vikings. But I am no historian so I can't be sure.

I really liked the characters especially Styr. I felt quite sorry for him, he was stuck in a loveless marriage with a woman who shunned his affection and was so uptight that she would net even make love without her clothes on. He was determined to do the best by her despite all that even when he fell in love with Caragh. He was kind and sweet with real depth and personality.

I also liked Caragh she was determined to do the best by her family no matter the personal cost. I did think her affections for Styr were sometimes a little heavy handed considering he was married, but for the most part I liked her.

The romance was pretty intense probably due to the forbidden and mostly non-physical aspect of Caragh and Styr's relationship, this is not about adultery (although there are a few stolen kisses and touches) it is a love story between two people who want to be together but can't be, I really enjoyed it.
on 23 July 2013
TO SIN WITH A VIKING is the first storyline in Michelle Willingham's Forbidden Vikings series. The opening statements from the author `warn' of trespassing into the realm of infidelity and I wondered at the time `why' the warning to her readers. This is after all -A FICTIONAL STORYLINE - with fictional characters and is NOT an actual account of infidelity and betrayal and yet, many reviewers were taken aback by the storyline's `touch' on infidelity.

In My Humble Opinion-readers would not have questioned Styr's desire for Caragh and potential betrayal to his wife without the author's opening remarks. And for those who have objected to the hero's supposed wandering heart-it appears that his wife was not necessarily faithful in all aspects of her marriage as well.

The storyline focuses on the capture of Styr Hardrata and his fight to find his wife and missing crewmates. Landing in what would now be known as Ireland, Styr finds himself chained in Caragh's home and oddly attracted to the woman who holds him prisoner: and Caragh in return begins to fall for her captive. The pair begin a search for Caragh's brother and Styr's wife but what they discover is that the heart knows no boundary when the soul finds its' mate.

As I read the storyline it becomes readily apparent that our hero Styr Hardrata is in a loveless marriage, arranged when he was seventeen, that has yet to produce an heir. Saying this, Styr's attraction to Caragh is a major theme running throughout the story band Styr tries to remain faithful to his missing wife albeit with little help from Caragh. Their attraction to one another is palpable as Caragh pushes Styr to the limits of his patience and sexual desire. Styr is in a constant battle with his conscience and his guilt over his developing feelings for Caragh.

The characters are old world but the language is not as `old world styled' as I would have thought. There are several secondary characters with potential storylines including Styr's wife Elena and his friend Ragnar. The storyline is well paced with just enough background information about the leading characters so as not to overwhelm the premise.

But I want to point out that most of what can be perceived as infidelity is that of the mind-thoughts, desires and wants. Some people/readers believe that even thinking about/ having feeling for someone other than their mate is betrayal, but there is a fine line between truth and dishonor.

To Sin With A Viking is a well written, compelling storyline that will make some people think and others will take it for what it is-a fictional storyline about two people who fall in love with each other under extenuating circumstances.

see all of my reviews at : thereadingcafe(dot)com
on 15 February 2014
I was very pleasently surprised whenI read this book. I wasn't for sure if it would hold my attention being the hero was married and the heroine wasn't his wife. However, with the author being Michelle Willingham, who is one of my favorites, I decided to try it. It held my attention from the first page through the last. I could not put it down until I finished it and then I wanted the next book in the series. The hero's marriage was arranged and it was not a happy one for either person. The chemistry and passion between the hero and the heroine was very tastefully done without heavy guilt of adultery. If the author had been anyone other than M. Willingham I doubt I would have tried it. This one will definitely go on my keeper and reread shelf!!! I will grab the next one as soon as it is available. Thanks Michelle.