Customer reviews

3,681
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.07

on 19 September 2016
Rachel Wiltshire seems to have a perfect life….a good looking boyfriend, a close circle of friends, a loving boyfriend, academic success and a place on a degree course which will enable her to pursue the career of her dreams.
However, one night Rachel’s life as she knows it comes crashing down around her and nothing from that moment onwards will ever be the same again. Five years later Rachel has to return home for the wedding of her best friend and prepares to face her demons that have been with her ever since that tragic night 5 years previously.
This was an amazing read which both intrigued and gripped me from start to finish. Cleverly written this is a book that will be loved by fans of Dani Atkins’ previous books and also those who love Tasmina Perry, Jodi Picoult, Lisa Jewell, Andy Jones and Vanessa Greene

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS BOOK ‘FRACTURED’ WAS PUBLISHED IN THE UNITED STATES AS ‘THEN AND ALWAYS’
on 25 April 2017
I liked the plotline of this book - it was a bit different from the usual girlie books and was a good length so it didn't feel dragged out. We used this as a book club book and we all agreed how much we enjoyed it.
on 24 March 2017
This story is so well written, it was like a beautiful woven shawl. One that comforts you. through sad times and warms you when you are cold. All of life was in this book . Lovely 💟
on 21 July 2014
Review: This Book was not what I expected at all. I was thinking the alternate lives Rachel lived would be split like a bit from here, a bit from there and eventually they would both come together but I really didn't think she would be aware of the two lives she was living-what an interesting twist of this traditional kind of storyline! This book comes with a warning though-the ending will break you!

I have to admit, I thought this book got off to a bit of a slow start. That's not entirely true, the very start of this book is action packed, this is where everything happens that's going to lead into the rest of the book, but I felt from that point onwards, nothing really happened apart from Rachel continuously hitting her head and getting into scrapes becaus of it. Towards the end though, this really picks up and I did find myself doing the classic 'shout at the book' move as this drew to a close!

I thought Rachel was a bit of a weak person, the character was written really well, this has nothing to do with that, but I feel her personality was just to be a kind of follower and not necessarily a leader striving to make the most out of life. When she is faced with the dilemma of having her life she Thoth she knew completely disappear I don't think she tries particularly hard to get people to believe her, she just accepts that she won't. The supporting cast are interesting but again, none of them particularly strong characters. The men in her life seem to lead her to the truth in this novel, something with k find a little bit male-centric and the whole idea coming from a particarchical society, but I still liked these characters nevertheless.

I think you can definitely tell that this is a debut novel, there are a few plot holes in the middle, but the idea behind it is superb and the ending and beginning are action-packed. This isn't your classic women's fiction and I really like that that as the case. Once things began to hot up towards the end of the novel, I couldn't put this book down and so for that reason it's definitely something I would recommend you read!
on 7 May 2017
I gave this rating on the basis that I enjoyed the plot and characters. I liked Rachel and Jimmy and found the book moving. The storyline was interesting and original. I liked that I questioned the storyline and what was going to happen next. Think I would be interested in reading this author again.
on 20 July 2017
First book I've read by Dani Atkins and I was impressed. I was gripped by the story and had to keep reading on despite trying to put it down after each chapter. It kept me guessing and I couldn't work out the ending. If you like Melanie Rose you'll like this.
on 18 March 2017
I thought this was a really interesting read to see how two different stories can lead to totally different outcomes. I really enjoyed it.
on 13 September 2014
It's very rare that a book upsets me and brings me close to tears but this one certainly did. It's a book about Rachel who is involved in a devastating and very tragic accident and how this shapes her alternative lives. I can't say anymore as it would give the story away and this really needs to be read to be appreciated.

The book left quite an impact on me and I will say Dani Atkins is an author to look out for. I am really looking forward to reading her next book 'The Story of Us'
on 28 October 2014
The best part was definitely the twist at the end. Up until then it just read as a typical chick lit type story admittedly with the weird unexplained part about her dead love coming back to life which kept you on this uneasy keel the whole way through. The beginning was really naff, when I was reading it I was wondering what was the big deal about this book, but once I passed the part about the car crash it started to get interesting. It was pretty unsettling once you found out what was going on, and it kind of reminds me of the movie 'Final Destination'. Wouldn't read it again.
on 2 June 2017
I wasn't sure I would like this book when I started reading, but did find myself becoming more involved in the characters, especially Rachel and Jimmy. An interesting concept and easy to read but have given 3 stars as not completely riveting and writing style fairly light.