on 26 April 2017
Setup was not straight forward with my fibreoptic internet and voip phone - but Apple support helped me out
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 July 2017
NICE. Works well
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 June 2014
I know this seems expensive and compared to a typical router and a 2TB hard drive, it is BUT it's good.. I am not a die hard apple fan who loves everything apple, but I have 15 years experience in computing and I know what works and what's good and this is definitely smart.

Like others have said, the box is a bit typical apple and ill-thought out but once it's open, who cares... I pondered for 5 minutes in how to wire this up as I have a 3 story house, 3 Pc's, 1 Linux machine, 1 x G4, 1 x MBP, 1 iMac and iPads, iPods, iPhones and android phones + tab3's.... a few gizmo's.. anyway, i stripped out my old draytek vigor, performed a factory reset on it, configured the isp settings for my connection and turned off dhcp and wireless. I then connected router to the BT point and LAN cable to the time capsule before powering up. Once the green light was on, i was in business and WOW it's fast.

First backup, i did on my iMac which is the latest i7 with 3TB fusion drive. I hard wired in for the initial backup and 2 hours later all was done. My MBP was wired in and backed up, all simple and now it's topping up over wifi.

I needed wi-fi repeaters in my house prior to putting this in, but now I am enjoying fast wifi coverage and don't need them. The coverage is great and my internet access is faster than ever.

I am currently setting up simple file sharing on the device, but despite my reservations on the price i am happy to report it's great. It looks good, it's well made and like most things apple, it just works right out of the box and takes the headache out of it.

as usual, excellent price and service from amazon ;-)
on 7 June 2015
This device has boosted my wireless connection from 50meg to 100meg. I am on Virginmedia broadband and disabled the Virgin wireless (by keeping my finger on the big button on the side of the modem). I plugged a hard drive in to the USB port and it enabled me access my favourite videos, photos and music tracks from all my Apple devices.
You may want to download the 'File Browser' app on IOS to give you full access to your files stored on this device.
on 21 December 2015
After trying several NAS drive solutions including the western digital my cloud I bit the bullet and decided to go for the Apple

So far has not disappointed apart from not being able to back up IOS devices which is a pain I must admit thought Apple would have created an app for this
on 23 February 2015
I bought one to replace both my BT HomeHub and external hard drive. Easy to set up and use. Expensive but worth it and like most Apple products well designed / engineered.
on 31 August 2015
I was looking to replace a very old Time Capsule with one that had much faster connectivity. I was able to get my maximum cable broadband speed of 152Mb over wifi to my laptop. Impressive. Usually there's some latency but this was super fast. The rest of my Airplay network seems zippier too but I've yet to test all the Airport Expresses properly
on 16 October 2017
Super easy to setup and fast first backup. The router functions well and with excellent coverage.
on 12 May 2016
Have always had problems with poor WIFI in our house, have purchased boosters that still did not improve our signal. After getting so frustrated with our signal dropping out I decided to go for the Apple Time Machine 2TB. I was just hoping that This premium product would finally resolve all our issues.

Amazon seemed to be the best value so went for it with crossed fingers.

As you would expect from Apple the packaging was first class, the contents were minimal the Time Capsule and the mains plug.

I am not a computer buff and was worried the set up would be complicated. I checked out setting this up on YouTube and was confident even I could do it.

Within 10 minutes I had set up our own WIFI network with a secure password and turned on our back up time machine. After setting this up I took a deep breath and checked the Signal and at last we had a very strong signal everywhere in the house. It only went down to one bar the I was 25 foot up my garden!

I have also put my itunes library on to the Capsule which has freed up 35 GB on my hard drive.
Again check out you tube it explains how to do this .

Should have gone for this in the beginning, would have saved me money and a lot of frustration.
on 2 September 2014
Since we have 2 macs in the house, I needed a stable backup device. Tip:

If you have an existing Wifi unit, you will need to plug an ethernet cable between the router and the Time Machine so the time capsule has Internet access. Do not perform a Time Machine backup through the old routers wireless as it's tearfully slow - make the Time Capsule the default WIFi unit and the backup performance becomes staggeringly quick

It's best to (1) disable Wifi on the old router and (2) update the Time Capsule (using the Airport Utility) to then have the same SSID and password as the old router- this way you don't have to change all the phones and tablets in the house.
0Comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse