Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Grinning Streak
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 12 September 2013
My first thought was that this album is a return to the BNL sound of old after the more mellow All In Good Time. But then I listened to both albums again and again and thought maybe the previous album wasn't all that mellow after all. Either way, this is another great album. I particularly like Boomerang and Smile, and Off His Head and Gonna Walk are incredibly catchy and really sound like old BNL. There are some experimental-sounding bits that I find a bit annoying but this is undeniably BNL and perfect preparation for the tour later this year.
on 12 January 2014
After the departure of Stephen Page, BNL's next album "All in good time" sounded like a band who were carrying on because they didn't know what else to do. With their next album "Grinning Streak" they sound like a band who are carrying on because they want to and they still enjoying doing what they do best. Where as All in good time sounded like BNL minus Stephen Page, Grinning Streak sounds like BNL. There is a new depth to some of the songs, a more modern sound that may alienate some of their fans but on the whole its a cracking album that sparkles with the wit and wisdom you would expect. The opening track, Limits, sets out the stall for the rest of the album with catchy lyrics and a chorus that you can hum all day and the rest of the songs follow in the same vane, Odds are and Boomerang, Gonna Walk and Keeping it real all stand out on the first half (what would have been side A in old money). My only complaint is that the album does run out of steam a little in the later tracks allthough there is nothing that could be considered filler here. All in all, this really does rank alongside the best of their earlier With an album this good (and a chart performance to reflect it having made the lower reaches of the UK album charts for the first time since "Stunt") it points to a bright future for a great band.
on 14 August 2013
Happy, original and BNL at there very best. Nothing serious, but everthing has a great depth and a skill of song writing with reflextion a mature sillyness which only the BNL are able to carry off.
on 8 October 2015
If you're familiar with BNL's music this album won't contain any surprises; just good fun music with catchy tunes and interesting lyrics.

My highlights are Boomerang, with its rocky guitar, Gonna Walk, with its infectious chorus (a crowd pleaser live, and you'd better join in!), and - best of the lot - Odds Are. Odds Are is another infectious song that will stick in your head (so I hope you like it as much as I do!).

Only three highlights out of twelve songs means I can't give more than four stars, but the other nine songs are all good so I recommend this CD.
on 6 June 2015
Grinning Streak is a good listen - particularly in the car. My stand out tracks are (perhaps predictably) Odds Are and Did I Say That Out Loud? These two tracks are head and shoulders above everything else, and the slightly lack lustre nature of the rest of the album means I can't rave about it or give it more than 3 stars overall. Buy it for those two tracks though (I did!).
on 19 November 2013
Love the new BNL album! I've listened to BNL for years and am a big fan.
But - the first listen of this I have to say I was really disapointed by....but happy to report it was just the usual 'better on the second play' thing I seem to have going - as I absolutely love it now - every track is brilliant and I've listened to the whole album many many many times! Love it!
on 10 October 2013
Another unique mix of catchy, clever lyrics to a range of musical styles. Ed Robertson's vocals improve with age and continuing this band's incredible run of strong, complete albums. A work of art!
on 2 April 2014
As it's the 2nd cd after the change with Steve leaving, you would think they may be still finding their feet. No best one yet, can't wait for the others
on 7 July 2015
I love this album. They never fail to disappoint. Catchy tunes and clever lyrics. Well worth a listen. Brilliant.
on 28 March 2014
If your a BNL fan. Don't bother thinking about it. I love this CD, stays in the car, instant pick me up!